Is SBW over rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, around 10-15 threads were started in the past week about Sonny Bill Williams with each one saying he's Player Of the Year. I reckon he's the Best Player when most of the Dog's Key Player are out. If Sonny has another Great Game this WEEK even if Canterbury Loose then we'll agree that he's the best player in the Bulldog Line-up or atleast not overated.

wongard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just like to ask the question, All the money we have paid for SBW and yes he is playing well but has he paid his way?
This guy is not yet to his true potential, give him another 2 years when he bulks up more, with his agility, speed and skills he will only improve on how good he has been of late. You will trully see one of the greats of our game developing of the next few years.

Have we spent to much for to long on SBW? No.

Sign him up for longer I say, never let him leave the club. Keep paying him $400k for the remainder of this contract but extend it with incentive based increases to ensure he stays with us - he is one player we don't want to lose.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was his Contract Structure Again... $500,000 a Season for 3 Years???

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
500?!

It wasn't revealed but it's not 500K.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
may be overated if....

you listen to the media

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL. Overrated after he has won us how many games this year?
SBW is a freak! He deserves every rap he gets. Most forwards peak in their mid 20's, SBW has just turned 22! Give him a couple of years and he will be a much smarter player to add to his natural ability. He will be the best player in the world. As for him being overpaid, he has turned down huge offers from overseas to stay here. I cant see how anyone could say he is overpaid with what he is doing atm. He just has to keep it up for 5 years! I think he will be even better by the time that comes around.

sherwinisagun

bulldog member '07
Reaction score
no f*kn way is SBW overated, geez, with the form he has showed this year, i would be willing to pay him anything

seriously, not many players have the tenacity to go for a strip from the scrum

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
may be overated if....

you listen to the media
You have noticed a Great deal of Resurgence of Interest into Sonny Bill Williams inthe Past Couple of Weeks... He's now starting to really play his worth & maybe a bit more. If your a Dogs FANS YOUR HOPING THAT THE Pressure don't get to him. I'm just saying that people are starting to rate him as probably the best in 2007 when he's only been playing world-class Rugby League in the past couple of Rounds. He'll definately be one of the best in the Finals.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
He is not over rated just inconsistant

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
You have noticed a Great deal of Resurgence of Interest into Sonny Bill Williams inthe Past Couple of Weeks... He's now starting to really play his worth & maybe a bit more. If your a Dogs FANS YOUR HOPING THAT THE Pressure don't get to him. I'm just saying that people are starting to rate him as probably the best in 2007 when he's only been playing world-class Rugby League in the past couple of Rounds. He'll definately be one of the best in the Finals.

I agree with the bit about the hype building over the last few weeks.

Also, may I mention that you have provided a truly classic display of random caps lock abuse in your post.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
this thread is over rated

sunny

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he was quite overrated in the past, but now he's a deadset star, one of our best players, and probably one of the top 10-15 players in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.