Is post-try emotion uncool these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of young backs these days seem to do all in their power to prevent themselves cracking a smile after scoring a try. Players like RTS, Tupou, Milford etc.

Is it that un-cool to be happy about scoring an NRL try these days?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Or am I the only one noticing this?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just the way kids are brought up now. No social skills and no confidence in displaying their feelings.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup only blokes that get excited are props lol!!!! Aaron woods against us down by 24 with 2 minutes to go like he just sealed the win lol

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I've noticed the thing to do is 'fling' the ball in the air one handed .... some even go for a backhanded fling (like the one SBW copped a falcon off).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
they might upset someone if they celebrate and the NRL will have to bring in another 10 rules as a result

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the way kids are brought up now. No social skills and no confidence in displaying their feelings.
Its either this or people complain that they celebrate too much.

I like it when they don't personally. It is all like yeah sure I scored a try. No big deal. I'll score on you every time...

Act like you have been there before.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I assume they think people think they're wankers if they do it, and they don't want to Soward themselves.

That said, whenever I play footy and score there's nothing wrong with a fist pump or a smile and some high fives.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Celebrating a try is considered bringing the game into disrepute. It's also a potentially deadly act. If a player lifts the ball over a certain degree, it could hit someone and potentially kill them so that is why the NRL, led by the man with the biggest chest in the game Todd Greenberg, have brought in a rule where if the ball is tilted past the 45 degree angle, it's an automatic 3 week suspension. This rule does not apply if you play for the darlings of the NRL or a News Limited owned team.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish moe was playing footy the post "flop out " try celebration would bring all the girls from the yard .

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be just me. But I absolutely cannot stand the way Souths carry on when they score a try, legit every player runs in for a group huddle. Like FFS well done you got a try!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might be just me. But I absolutely cannot stand the way Souths carry on when they score a try, legit every player runs in for a group huddle. Like FFS well done you got a try!
it helps to smokescreen the forward passes

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt Russell Crowe actually make it an unofficial club rule that every player has to congratulate the try scorer? I remember one year after McQueen scored when he played out on the wing a bit merit ran about 40 metres to pat him on the butt before the goal was kicked then turned and sprinted back to his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.