Is nabbing Moylan a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know we have cap issues, but due to the situation at Penrith he could come cheap on a 12 month contract (upgrade in 2019), kinda like what Foran did at the Warriors.

A spine of Moylan, Cleeland, Foran and Mbye is jizz-worthy.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moylan is staying with the Panthers; end of story.
He has personal issues and will not play the finals while he goes away to sort himself out.
He will remain with his current team; but is another troubled young man in league.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently his troubles are not mental, it's just a personality clash with Griffin. Bourbon-Head Rothfield and Kent think he's gone.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know we have cap issues, but due to the situation at Penrith he could come cheap on a 12 month contract (upgrade in 2019), kinda like what Foran did at the Warriors.

Doubt cleeland will play first grade while Hasler is here.

Moylan is a class player. Great playmaker in the 1 jersey and would suit our team perfectly with his backing up. I would move 1 or 2 mozzes to get him (move hoppa to centre and bring in smith on the wing).

But we haven't signed anyone of note in the last 6 years apart from ex manly rejects or players with close ties to the club. Doubt we could get Moylan especially with no CEO and dib managing things :p

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Stop Jilling!!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moylan is staying with the Panthers; end of story.
He has personal issues and will not play the finals while he goes away to sort himself out.
He will remain with his current team; but is another troubled young man in league.
Through the clubs junior systems there are so manny top gun young players produced.

Its just my opinion but I think its sad that such a large percentage of them seem to go through this "personal Issues" problem. Is it drugs, is it money or is it both? I'm no guru but I think a mentoring system should be put in place for these young fellas who seem to step to quickly from adolescence to adult hood.

Rugby League is a great game and it doesn't need young guns worn out for all the wrong reasons.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Through the clubs junior systems there are so manny top gun young players produced.

Its just my opinion but I think its sad that such a large percentage of them seem to go through this "personal Issues" problem. Is it drugs, is it money or is it both? I'm no guru but I think a mentoring system should be put in place for these young fellas who seem to step to quickly from adolescence to adult hood.

Rugby League is a great game and it doesn't need young guns worn out for all the wrong reasons.
Ask any Under 20s player and they will tell you that the NRL has in place that many mentoring and support systems that their heads spin. They get ongoing mentoring on gambling, drugs, health, lifestyles, associations, finance, education all the time. At the end of the day some people don't want to listen to good advice and/or start believing the press about them and go off the rails. At some point you have to recognise that having 25 highly fit, type A personalities in a group, working under high pressure with great expectations is ultimately going to lead to some of them not coping and doing the wrong thing. Doesn't excuse their behaviour but does explain it. Depending on how far they go off the rails they can be salvaged or cut loose. That's life but it is of their own making.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not but in 2019 I'd say we'll have over 2+ million to spend with Eastwood and Morris boys off contract so if not Moylan we are in the market for a couple big signings.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2019 will be interesting with players set to leave on big $$$ Morris boys and Eastwood ect ...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ask any Under 20s player and they will tell you that the NRL has in place that many mentoring and support systems that their heads spin. They get ongoing mentoring on gambling, drugs, health, lifestyles, associations, finance, education all the time. At the end of the day some people don't want to listen to good advice and/or start believing the press about them and go off the rails. At some point you have to recognise that having 25 highly fit, type A personalities in a group, working under high pressure with great expectations is ultimately going to lead to some of them not coping and doing the wrong thing. Doesn't excuse their behaviour but does explain it. Depending on how far they go off the rails they can be salvaged or cut loose. That's life but it is of their own making.
Well said - id also add, whilst not just sport related, using or labelling high profile people as role models - whether they be good or bad - is a cop out. Parents are the role models - get it right from 0 to 7yo - you wont need mentors, etc when they are 16 etc.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Apparently his troubles are not mental, it's just a personality clash with Griffin. Bourbon-Head Rothfield and Kent think he's gone.
Why would a personality clash with a coach result in him going to a counselor? All that results in is a player getting dropped. He obviously has mental health issues - psychological.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The guys a bitch... The coach told him off in front of the playing group and he spits the dummy... Harden the fuck up!!!

Regarding the Dogs signing him, NO CHANCE! Penrith will refuse to release him on the cheap and they'll probably sack the coach before releasing him.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love Moylan. You cannot honestly believe Gould saying he is dedicated to Penrith if he isn't even going to play in their finals game lol.

He would be such a great addition to our spine, we would probably have to let more people go though.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like to give Mbye a shot at fullback before we sign another fullback

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We should make it POSSIBLE !
where there's a will there's a way
He is a gifted player with time on his hands (Thurston like)
This would be my spine
1 Mbye, 6 Moylan, 7 Foran, 9 Lichaa / Brown

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
For what reason would Moylan come cheap? Dont see penrith sacking him, and thats the only way they pay part of his wage. And op, are u suggesting we backend his deal :anguished:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said - id also add, whilst not just sport related, using or labelling high profile people as role models - whether they be good or bad - is a cop out. Parents are the role models - get it right from 0 to 7yo - you wont need mentors, etc when they are 16 etc.
True, but unfortunately inept parents try to live their own lives through their kids and especially when they get one with a talent for something. They then just try and treat them as mini-adults and meal tickets so when things go belly up it just makes things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.