Is James Graham becoming a liability???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham is stupidly overrated on here.
He is undoubtedly a great player. Probably losing his edge with age but regardless the dogs don't need him anymore. Would have been best to offload him and keep Reynolds with the emergence of plenty of young able forwards and lack of spark in the halves.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
James graham is not the problem.

The spine is. The halves and hooker are brain dead
His not the problem but his wage would go a long way to fixing the spine.

In fact Reynolds could have stayed in the halves with Foran moving Mbye to hooker meaning things may have looked brighter considering we have an abundance of forwards who could easily do Grahams job.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is undoubtedly a great player. Probably losing his edge with age but regardless the dogs don't need him anymore. Would have been best to offload him and keep Reynolds with the emergence of plenty of young able forwards and lack of spark in the halves.
Fuck Reynolds

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think it would have been selfish. Probably quite the opposite. He probably played injured trying not to let the team down, since Klemmer and Jackson were out. Sadly it was a bad decision. But i doubt there was anything selfish about it
If it was his decision , it was selfish. He wasn't fit, a reserves FRF would've given better service.

If it was Des's decision, it was a stoopid one.

Would've changed the result? Probably not.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i thought when graham left the field last night Tolman actually improved and ran a lot harder and straighter than normal,.....another thing was having himin the presser at least we didn't get to usuall "I dunno" or "you'll have to ask the gaffa" ......tolman actually looked pissed off and gave actual thoughts (I didn't agree with some but still better thangrahams rubbish)..........I've had a big hate on tolman for a couple of years now so that wasn't easy to say

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jammer has always played the tough take 'em on up front type of football so it would be a miracle if a player like him didn't get an injury that put him out for a few weeks.

But to answer the question is he a liability... What was the injury that put him out for the rest of the game?

There is a hard and fast protocol which has been set by the NRL to monitor head injuries. Therefore the decision to determine whether the player is or isn't able to play the next game is in the hands of the club's medical staff, not the player. If the medical staff breached the NRL's head injury protocol they would be in a situation where their ability to practise that type of medicine would be withdrawn. So that's that side supposedly sewn up.

On the other hand if it were a muscular/ joint injury a certain amount of the decision to play in the next game is left up to the player. If the injury was Jammer's right arm/ shoulder and he played, he automatically became a liability because he must have known it was going to blow up on him.

If that is the case then its see you next season Jammer. You'll look good down on your arse in a Newcastle jersey.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If by James Graham you actually mean Des Hasler...yes, yes he is.

Anyone can sustain Berne damage or get concussed from a dead knock. I don't really think Graham is an injury liability. I do wonder whether he would have played last night if we weren't depleted for origin though. He did carry that nerve injury into the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If by James Graham you actually mean Des Hasler...yes, yes he is.

Anyone can sustain Berne damage or get concussed from a dead knock. I don't really think Graham is an injury liability. I do wonder whether he would have played last night if we weren't depleted for origin though. He did carry that nerve injury into the game.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Latest rumour: Warriors chasing him for next year

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would part ways with many other of our FG players before James Graham
Again I agree definitely. But still doesn't mean he isn't one of the players to be let go.

Lichaa Eastwood holland Mbye Kasiano Tolman Graham and hoppa

Should be shown the door don't care if we sacrifice the rest of the season and the season after as long as we start getting rid of the deadwood now.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Latest rumour: Warriors chasing him for next year
I think Graham is a terrific player.
But given the club has fucked up its roster so badly, if they get a chance to free up $800k - $900k from Graham's contract for next sesson, for sure they will take the opportunity.

Up to him of course as he does have a contract. But he may get a new 3 year deal to make it worthwhile.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to James Graham, giving him the captaincy was the worst thing to ever happen.

He was a monster of a forward a few years back, he would smack guys in heavy defence, be a great ball playing forward and lift the tempo of our team and kept other players accountable.

He entered the field with Vaseline on his legs, he bit Billy Slater and dived at the legs of Adam Reynolds. He never took a step back from a fight, took on Sam burgess every time as well as other forwards trying to make a name for themselves, argued with refs..

But then he became domesticated? Now he's a soft buttery player who toes the line and says the right things. He never targets his opposition players, barely ball plays and gets injured every game.

either that black Friday completely took the wind out of him (against souths) or the captaincy has been a distraction from his natural game.

I want to old mongrel James Graham back!!

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Graham has played over 320 top grade games in the engine room

Thats the problem

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah he is just worn out. Noticed how this year he has been copping a lot of those niggling injuries and he has come off numerous times for that HIA... would not be surprised at all if he calls it quits after this season. His body has had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.