Is it worth recruiting players from queensland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And he wants to go to Brisbane of all places. The bonehead club that rejected him. It's like leaving a hot wife for an ex wife bitch from hell who was never good for your self esteem.
Lol!

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Judging by the other thread you should be able to do that in Campbelltown!
Haha interesting. I worked there for a year but was so busy I didn't pay attention to the opportunity around me

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And he wants to go to Brisbane of all places. The bonehead club that rejected him. It's like leaving a hot wife for an ex wife bitch from hell who was never good for your self esteem.
Not even an ex wife bitch from hell tbh.... a bitch from hell who left him at the altar

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not even an ex wife bitch from hell tbh.... a bitch from hell who left him at the altar
Love the analogy. It has certainly put things into perspective.

Don't know how someone can have such disloyalty to so many people such as team mates , coach , club , fans, kids , the contract FFS . That's just selfish.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think if contracts were actually enforced this would stop alot of this crap so it wouldn't matter where they come from.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think if contracts were actually enforced this would stop alot of this crap so it wouldn't matter where they come from.
thats the nrl making sure the clubs and players finish contracts? people forget about the clubs not being loyal, they boot more players than players wanting to leave!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
thats the nrl making sure the clubs and players finish contracts? people forget about the clubs not being loyal, they boot more players than players wanting to leave!
Yea, but if a club lets a player go with years to run on his contract, they have to continue to pay him. If a player wants out, whats a club to do ? Make him play ? What will that achieve ? Have a disgruntled player who doesnt want to play, run out for your team with a poisonous attitude ?
Fact is NRL contracts are scewed heavily in favour of the players !

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's more Ipswich and Caboolture.
I've heard that about Caboolture, but haven't been there. But my trips to Logan and North Lakes confirmed they are out there.

If iyu;re into white bimbos Brisbane/Gold Coast is the place for you. But yeah, if Filipinas are your thing, Blacktown and Campbeltown are happy hunting grounds (actually I met mine in Randwick) ....

But back on topic, thie "homesick" excuse is a crock. These are grown men FFS.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love the analogy. It has certainly put things into perspective.

Don't know how someone can have such disloyalty to so many people such as team mates , coach , club , fans, kids , the contract FFS . That's just selfish.
I do understand wanting to be close to the kids, but there arev ways and solutions....what really bugs me is all this I've always dreamed of playing for a Queensland club crap...how disrespectful!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money Bill$ William$ set the precedent of walking out on a valid contract, and yet they let him back in on the back of a handshake promise. How are the Roosters within the salary cap??

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a ridiculous thread, plenty of people head tp WA for work in the mines so a few years in Sydney is a piece of piss for footy players.
People need to harden up.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do understand wanting to be close to the kids, but there arev ways and solutions....what really bugs me is all this I've always dreamed of playing for a Queensland club crap...how disrespectful!
Thats right.

If I was an employee for a company & told my companies clients that I have always wished I worked for another company, how would you think my bosses would react? I think security would be walking me out the door immediately.

I'm sure management at the Bulldogs would be a little more than pissed off with what has been said. Barba's manager would have a lot to answer here as well.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a ridiculous thread, plenty of people head tp WA for work in the mines so a few years in Sydney is a piece of piss for footy players.
People need to harden up.
That's fine but you don't piss on your current employer in front of their clients.

If you want to go then you would tell your manager & the club privately. Once a deal is done you let the fans know.

If he ends up staying do you think the fans will still support him?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
who says a player like barba is what the team relies on,,,,,,,, we done very well for years with luke patten a player who you could always count on in being safe and reliable, not a superstar but a top player.

there will be options on the market, or options from other teams

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If one does not want to be there for whatever reason then please leave promptly, no good hanging around for either parties so please ask Ben to leave worth with.

Status
Not open for further replies.