Is it worth recruiting players from queensland

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If barber decides to leave then is it worth in the future that we recruit players from Queensland because overtime we get a player from their and we spend a lot of time ,effort and money on them and down the track they become top players and decide that they want to leave because their home sick and etc. what do you all think ,its just not fair in my opinion on the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
barba is not home sick..... he is hungry.... for more money!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would rather pick up players from NSW.

This home sickness is getting out of hand.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 Qld clubs verse 12 in nsw means that there should be much richer pickings in Qld. The same can be said of NZ. If we don't recruit from the best areas then we are negligent as a club.

Deal with players leaving if and when it happens

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 Qld clubs verse 12 in nsw means that there should be much richer pickings in Qld. The same can be said of NZ. If we don't recruit from the best areas then we are negligent as a club.

Deal with players leaving if and when it happens
Sadly it begins from the grassroots level, Like you said with 3 rep teams to play for up there competition is fierce to make squads making good players play even better with that being said schools like Keebra Park,Palm Beach Currumbin & Marsden State just to name a few have great Rugby League programs that keep producing first graders. It also helps alot when they win 8 in a row in State of Origin paving the way for future Ben Barbas and Darren Lockyers.
We basically have a part of the New Zealand side (Perrett,Halatau,Kasiano,Eastwood,Tapau,Pritchard,Inu).
Imo believe we are one of the few NSW teams Queenlanders would like to play for as our club history has many of them.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
steve price, the smith brothers, hetherington, brett dallas and polla mounter and probably more

we have a nice tradition of going to qld to find good players and most of them turn out fine

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
steve price, the smith brothers, hetherington, brett dallas and polla mounter and probably more

we have a nice tradition of going to qld to find good players and most of them turn out fine
In those days their was a thing called loyalty, now these days its called greed

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
In those days their was a thing called loyalty, now these days its called greed
even back loyalty was scattered, i think only 2 of those players went through it all with the club

but i think that the recruitment should be done on the basis of ability, whether it hes from qld, sydney, hobart, country nsw, the amazon river or romania

ffs we should be sending expeditions to find a 7ft huge mongolian beastman and give him a trial

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Game, set and match Rodzilla

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
NSW born players leave the dogs too... Actually, Idris left to go to a Queensland club... Always a chance a player may get homesick but players come and go in this day and age anyway... Putting a red line through Queensland as a potential source of recruitment would only cost us some great players in the future

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In other words, sometimes a player gets homesick but more often than not, moolah is the deciding factor.... Staff wanted to play out his career here. It all comes down to the individual

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think a problem is brisbane/gold coast lifestyle

ive always imagined that thats where all the sexy women are located

hopefully wetnwild opening up can get some western sydney women out there tbh

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
90% of storm players are QLD'ers they seem to avoid any of these issues

I have lost a lot of respect for Barba lately, constantly saying that he will leave the dogs at some stage for a QLD team as he has always planned on leaving and one day playing nrl for a QLD side

kinda like if I said to my wife at the wedding reception I love ya but one day im gonna go **** a blonde chick.....just so ya know....no hard feelings hey, your brunette and you'll do for now...give us a kiss

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
i think a problem is brisbane/gold coast lifestyle

ive always imagined that thats where all the sexy women are located

hopefully wetnwild opening up can get some western sydney women out there tbh
Brisbane women sexy? I prefer my women with teeth...

Hmm stereotyping

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
ok then gold coast, ive always imagined gc to be our california
Have not spent enough time there to judge, but yeah I've heard it is glamour central there....

That's why I don't move there tbh... I need women with lower standards... Lower standards than Sydney too tbh... Maybe I should move to the Philippines and impress with my vast wealth :p

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have not spent enough time there to judge, but yeah I've heard it is glamour central there....

That's why I don't move there tbh... I need women with lower standards... Lower standards than Sydney too tbh... Maybe I should move to the Philippines and impress with my vast wealth :p
Judging by the other thread you should be able to do that in Campbelltown!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
90% of storm players are QLD'ers they seem to avoid any of these issues

I have lost a lot of respect for Barba lately, constantly saying that he will leave the dogs at some stage for a QLD team as he has always planned on leaving and one day playing nrl for a QLD side

kinda like if I said to my wife at the wedding reception I love ya but one day im gonna go **** a blonde chick.....just so ya know....no hard feelings hey, your brunette and you'll do for now...give us a kiss
And he wants to go to Brisbane of all places. The bonehead club that rejected him. It's like leaving a hot wife for an ex wife bitch from hell who was never good for your self esteem.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What you have never been there?

Its only a 1.5 hr flight or a 10 hour drive.
ive been there many times but unfortunately as a 8-12 year old on holiday

the Podzilla at that time couldn't appreciate the ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.