Is it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Well for some people, it's a big thing. Personally, I couldn't be with someone who is religious, as I am not.
You're right there but you'd like your partner to have an understanding and have respect. I couldn't give a rats if my gf was religious as long as she respected my view.

It's all about acceptance and understanding everyone has a different point of view. My belief is you should be dating someone for they are not what they are affiliated with.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
defo. as long as they respect you and your beliefs. im not gonna make a girl turn muslim for me and the same goes for her. im not religious. i barely follow any of the teachings.

in saying though, id like my kids to be muslim, hence if i do intend to marry a christian obviously this issue will be brought up. this is the 1 thing i wont compromise

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smings, Im not really going to give advice because I really have no clue. But i do hope it works out for the best :(
There will always be challenges, but if you try you can often get through them...the easy way out isn't necessarily the best.

Talking from a personal experience, im asucker for punishment and will probably try to enjoy it as long as i can. If something massive like moving over seas or even interstate came up (permanently) i don't think i could do it.

That's the trouble these days..dinding someone compatible. We are so busy trying to do the best with our own lives, its hard to try and compromise with others.

Older men, where they are better to date are just at a different stage in their life. Men my age often have no motivation and are still acting like they're 15. Can be tricky. :(

Well for some people, it's a big thing. Personally, I couldn't be with someone who is religious, as I am not.
See, I'm the opposite...I'd prefer a man who was slightly (not nutso) religious, as it would be a good influence on my future life :p

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Tbh in my opinion religion is for weak minded people lacking direction and it is also another form of repression

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
crusader, this is not the best place to start a religious debate lol

Im giving you fair warning

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
lol now he just whipped up an even bigger storm.

Get angry ladies

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Stress is like a rocking chair sure its fun but it gets you no where

T

Toro

I got so caught up with relationships I forgot who I was.
You have no idea how many times that happens.

I was in a relationship that was way too full-on, way too intense, way too draining... and in the end... it wasn't till about 2 years in to it, that I realised how much I put my life/goals/career/etc on-hold just so that I can accomodate my partner's life and dramas...

I ended up losing HEAPS of friends because of this relationship, and I put so many family members offside because of it too...

Seriously! the relationship was poisoning my life... Best antidote was to get out of it ...

Don't ever be afraid of being lonely. If you have your friends and family - then you will never be alone.

Remember that.

Maza

Reaction score
Give yourself some space. Think long and hard.... and alone!

If you don't think that you can let go then compromise is what it will come down to.

the answer won't be given to you, you just need to make sure that you know you are still as strong and amazing regardless of the choice you make and that you will be okay

good luck

xox

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow some revealing insight into Jorgie.

Talk to someone who you respect and knows both of you and get their advise. Ask yourself a few things: -
- Can you be yourself with that person or do you have to put it on?
- Does he give you space to do your own thing and have your own hobbies?
- Do you let him have his space or do you get jealous?
- Does he make you laugh and do you enjoy his company?
- Does he physically attract you?

Remember one thing, what you see is what you get so don't think you can change his bad points later on. If you can't accept him for what he is then move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.