Is it time we cut Bailey Hayward and Khaleb loose?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Given we have Toby, Matt, Olopu, Salmon, Taafe and even maybe Connor Watson on our books next year, it’s it time we say enough is enough and cut these two loose?

I’ll be first to admit, I’m not one of these weirdos that watch our lower grades so can’t really comment much. I saw Khaleb when he played firsts and he was useless.
I know a lot of people say ‘he’s young’ or ‘he’s leb’ and we need to give him a chance, but honestly the truth is once you step into firsts you’re expected to play like a first grader.
Even Frawley when first debuted with us he did hard magic on the field.
Yes he dropped off later but compare Frawleys debut with Khaleb and you’ll see a big difference. I don’t see it wen I remove my bias.

Bailey in the other hand I have heard was a future Australian star but he also looked a bit bland when playing for Scotland And I have read, on this very forum, that he hasn’t quite kicked on.
So is it time to cut them loose?
I know Khaleb has a development deal on the plate at tigers if he wants it and Bailey who knows. But where are they goin? Maybe one or the other.

I have put myself out there on the kennel and said what I said and revealedmyself to you all so I’m asking you just do the same. Nasheed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How do players outside our top 30 get paid?
I notice they all seem content to be out of the top 30z don’t see that with other clubs. Is Gould paying them more?

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen but would love the option of being able to loan them out like what they do with youngsters in the EPL. i think Khaled in particular could be a good player for us after a solid season or 2 in first grade. the problem is that we don't really have the luxury of trying blokes out just for experience. the pressure for results grows every day and the coach and GM know it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen but would love the option of being able to loan them out like what they do with youngsters in the EPL. i think Khaled in particular could be a good player for us after a solid season or 2 in first grade. the problem is that we don't really have the luxury of trying blokes out just for experience. the pressure for results grows every day and the coach and GM know it.
Maybe to something like Featherstone rovers

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think they are young enough to spend more time in lower grades and keep developing. Unless there is kids in SG ball and Flegg they are blocking from playing cup you probably give them another 12 months.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No need to cut them loose yet when they'll be on Reserve Grade contracts and you need players for NSW Cup. I'm sure if either of them get better opportunities elsewhere, the club won't stand in their way..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BBO could do far worse than head back home and link up with Benny if that option came up? Though I think he is capable of filling the back up hooker role off the bench as mentioned.

Suppose the other two guys are looking more likely to be not in the plans for FG especially Hayward so indeed they should explore any options.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’re both very green.
with the recruiting we’ve done, I wouldn’t be surprised if neither of them crack the top 30 next year, but I’d be happy to see them stick with it, start in Reggie’s and try an earn promotion.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Given we have Toby, Matt, Olopu, Salmon, Taafe and even maybe Connor Watson on our books next year, it’s it time we say enough is enough and cut these two loose?

I’ll be first to admit, I’m not one of these weirdos that watch our lower grades so can’t really comment much. I saw Khaleb when he played firsts and he was useless.
I know a lot of people say ‘he’s young’ or ‘he’s leb’ and we need to give him a chance, but honestly the truth is once you step into firsts you’re expected to play like a first grader.
Even Frawley when first debuted with us he did hard magic on the field.
Yes he dropped off later but compare Frawleys debut with Khaleb and you’ll see a big difference. I don’t see it wen I remove my bias.

Bailey in the other hand I have heard was a future Australian star but he also looked a bit bland when playing for Scotland And I have read, on this very forum, that he hasn’t quite kicked on.
So is it time to cut them loose?
I know Khaleb has a development deal on the plate at tigers if he wants it and Bailey who knows. But where are they goin? Maybe one or the other.

I have put myself out there on the kennel and said what I said and revealedmyself to you all so I’m asking you just do the same. Nasheed.
I am one of the weirdos that do watch the lower grades jun reps etc - imho none of Hayward Rajab or BBO have been doing enough in reggies to suggest they are fg standard halves - seem to have reached their ceiling. Hope im wrong. Rajab has been playing out of position though.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not fussed about Rajeb, but I would persevere with Hayward. There others who are destined to be cut loose before Hayward.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if rajab gets tapped on the shoulder,he has a uphill battle with sexton,Flanagan,oloppau in the mix

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can keep them on the NSW cup payments,why get rid of them ? They don't effect our cap