Is it time to give Cook a shot?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK is a big reason why our attack is the way it is. Cook should be given a go if he's ready.

I was impressed with his stint in the trial, for anyone who has been following NSW cup, how is his form? Does he have good defense?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK is a big reason why our attack is the way it is. Cook should be given a go if he's ready.

I was impressed with his stint in the trial, for anyone who has been following NSW cup, how is his form? Does he have good defense?
Yes yes yes yes yes yes in Gould voice.
Not sure about his defence but killed it in the trials.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% Its time. theres nothing to hold onto from the past 4 games, make changes and shake shit up because what we've had obviously isnt working. Bring Cook and Flannagan in, make a change at lock, bring Ava back into the squad. whats the worst that can happen? we're playing the defending premiers and are going to get bent over anyway, may as well see how we perform with different players stepping in and up. if it doesnt work then no harm no foul because we were never going to win anyway, if it does work and we end up competitive then great, move forward with the changes in tact

1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Averillo
4. Burns
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flannagan
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Pangai
11. Wadell
12. Hoffman
13. King (listed at lock on the official website, why not?)

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Ava
17. Patolo

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even BBO’s service is far superior than JMK. JMK is defensively sound but lacks the basics at excelling at being a hooker.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Good player and will give much better service. His defence is a bit dodgy not as good as JMK but I think the time has arrived

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He needs time. He needs to build up so can handle defensive increase. Otherwise we will hang him out to dry here

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he deserves some time off the bench at least. But then that would take BBOs spot. Ideally we need to somehow work toward Cook/ BBO sharing the role this year and move JMK out. The ball gets out way too slow at the moment.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could the answer be
9 BBO
14 Cook
no, BBO needs to go back to reserve grade and play 80 mins week in week out and develop down there as a 7. We've got Mahoney coming, no need to try and make BBO something he's not as a bandaid solution. Go and learn your craft as a 7 in reggies then when he's ready he can lead the team around. Cook is already a decent hooker, play him there instead of attempting to mould another 7 like the JMK experiment

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t hurt, because even if he did SUCK and not work out it will not matter as the whole team is shit anyway.. this is the time we need to give anyone a shot, season over, let’s experiment.