Is it time to give Cook a shot?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been solid in all the nsw cup games he has played, if you watch him for 10 minutes you can see that he's been playing dummy half through his junior footy. He's light years ahead of jmk in passing and picking the right option. Just his passing from dummy half alone will give us an extra second or 2 in attack which is the difference between having defenders in our halves faces all the time and not. Jmk is only a running threat off a quick play the ball and nothing more

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know you said that but I’m asking have you been watching reserve grade or youjust assuming he is shit? Because in the trial match he outplayed jmk.
I have. He is good. Just suffers defensively at moment. If he improved defensively I’d agree give him a go. My opinion little to light at moment for the rigours defence required.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
JMK is our biggest problem, while Averillo has been copping a lot of the flack for the attack it all stems from service at DH. What are the halves meant to do when by the time JMK delivers the ball there's already 3 defenders in your face

BBO hasn't got the stamina to start and really should be going back to the reggies to get some solid time in the halves, he could potentially be our answer and we are stifling his development at the moment. I also don't see JMK being dropped so it might be better to have Cook take BBO's spot.
BBO is fin3 he will benefit from FG games in his postion the kid needs to grow not learn hooker
He can play FG just how he wants to fuck baz haha

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% Its time. theres nothing to hold onto from the past 4 games, make changes and shake shit up because what we've had obviously isnt working. Bring Cook and Flannagan in, make a change at lock, bring Ava back into the squad. whats the worst that can happen? we're playing the defending premiers and are going to get bent over anyway, may as well see how we perform with different players stepping in and up. if it doesnt work then no harm no foul because we were never going to win anyway, if it does work and we end up competitive then great, move forward with the changes in tact

1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Averillo
4. Burns
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flannagan
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Pangai
11. Wadell
12. Hoffman
13. King (listed at lock on the official website, why not?)

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Ava
17. Patolo
We loose a lot of defense with no Jackson and JMK

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK is a big reason why our attack is the way it is. Cook should be given a go if he's ready.

I was impressed with his stint in the trial, for anyone who has been following NSW cup, how is his form? Does he have good defense?
The Kennel will go into meltdown if Baz chops and changes again. However I think he should go with Cook.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How does JMK survive when other players have been cut from the team. BBO definitely isn’t a starting hooker but Cook should be given a chance if fit.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it is time to move JMK to a retirement village, the guy is as slow as people in their sadly with his service and slowmo play...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely it's time, there is nothing to lose when you're at the bottom.