Is gus the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightydogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just want to know your thoughts on this throw money at gus to come in and rebuilt this club and culture to what it should be .weve seen what he has done with Penrith ,the place was in pretty bad shape prior to him taking over he knows what we where made of and clubs feared us maybe he's the one to get us out of this mess .i know a lot of people don't like him much I'm one of them but the bloke knows his shit and I have no doubt he could make us great again what do u guys think would you go after him

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What has he acheived at the Panthers. Yes they have got better but they were starting from a very low point. They haven't got a premiership. Besides we already have a egomaniac control freak on the board, don't need another at the club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gus is still at the Panthers.. so unlikely he would want a change.

Plus Panthers spend over a million a year more than other clubs on their junior program.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Gus and Dib are pretty tight.

I would love Gus as Director of Football with someone like Pay as coach, for him to mentor.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont trust Gus.. he still harbours some bad blood towards our club although its not as obvious now

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are really looking for any option right now

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus would be a great option, & I don't think it would take much to get him to come to Canterbury he played with us during a great period in our proud history & in his media Commentaries he always has good positive comments towards our team, I believe he has a real soft spot for our team. and has always been a closet Bulldog.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus coached us to a GF win; don't think he needs to do it a second time. Besides, he'd want a team of NRL players - where are we going to find that at short notice?

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple answer. Yes. He has shown he can rebuild a club and can make the hard decisions.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I'd give him a ring to see if he was interested, feel like he'll stay till they at least win a premiership

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hell yes. What gus has done at the panthers is awesome for the club , both on and off the field. Yes they have a massive junior base but they never took advantage of that for the last 10years. They were almost broke and salary cap was mishandled. They now have a bunch of kids and old heads and junior program set up to make the panthers a force for a long time. The only thing i dont like about what des done was sack Cleary .

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont trust Gus.. he still harbours some bad blood towards our club although its not as obvious now
Gus got moved on by P Moore exactly the way Gus got rid of Cleary. See the similarities. Money talks and im sure if asked he will have cause to think about it. Bring it i say.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus would be a great option, & I don't think it would take much to get him to come to Canterbury he played with us during a great period in our proud history & in his media Commentaries he always has good positive comments towards our team, I believe he has a real soft spot for our team. and has always been a closet Bulldog.
He lives in the shire. Closer to Belmore than it is to Penrith.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will only leave when the Panthers win a comp.
Besides Gould and the club parted on bad terms. He would never be interested to help us. He has criticised us as many times as hes praised us.

Moreover, would you REALLY want our club to throw almost $1m a season at him to be our Director of Football. This much money for 1 day a week work? All we need is to sack the pretender coach in Hasler and sign Dean Pay. Pay doesnt need mentoring. If you guys think that then you dont know anything about Dean Pay. I guess most people saying Pay needs mentoring never saw Pay play. He knows what the Bulldogs are all about.

About Hasler, he was never a creative half. He was a hard nut, played half back and hooker but never had a great kicking game or create gaps for runners. He was solid and super fit. Little wonder Hasler doesnt know what to do with halves that have no idea. When at Manly he had Hokko, DCE and Foran - all good halves that know their stuff. As a fitness freak it surprises me that he still tolerates Eastwood and Kasiano. Eastwood could hardly walk today, Kasiano lasted about 20 minutes or so and couldnt break the line the same as the rest of us. Prior to todays game, I watched Eastwood and Kasiano do the tackle and wrestle warm up together, they were a joke. Maybe theyd just finished their kebabs. Hasler tolerates this week after week. This is NOT what the Bulldogs are all about.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus got moved on by P Moore exactly the way Gus got rid of Cleary. See the similarities. Money talks and im sure if asked he will have cause to think about it. Bring it i say.
Originally Warren Ryan moved Gould out of the club, you wouldn't believe the reason if I tell you, under the pressure of Moore at the end of 1987 Ryan quit, Moore then recruited Gould temporary till he brought the son in law Anderson back from England, but that's another story.........

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What commentary is this you speak of he always sticks the boot in at every turn

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally Warren Ryan moved Gould out of the club, you wouldn't believe the reason if I tell you, under the pressure of Moore at the end of 1987 Ryan quit, Moore then recruited Gould temporary till he brought the son in law Anderson back from England, but that's another story.........
Please elaborate

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Carry on....then....

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember Gould's biggest problem is his ( habit ) it's NO GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.