News Is Exiled Halfback Actually The Answer To Barrett’s Problems? (Taken from facebook)

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What choice does he have? If he does nothing he will bashed for doing nothing, but what changes can he make.

He shit the bed when he should of stuck solid after the first 2 rounds. The 17 he put faith in delivered 1 and 1, and he panicked. The bloke is a goose and unless Gus steps in heavy handed to help Barrett is going to completely unravel…
Gus needs to address the playing group and coaching staff and let it be known that yesterday was unacceptable… we need to be ruthless

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus needs to address the playing group and coaching staff and let it be known that yesterday was unacceptable… we need to be ruthless
I have no doubt Gus has chatted with the coaching staff.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton could play 1, no question as he is a gifted footballer. But FMD he is our 6 and 4 games in..
People need to stop obsessing over positions because it's pointless, all that matters are roles and combinations and i don't know how many more times i can say it. Moving Burton to fullback in our side just means he plays a similar role to what he's playing now but on the right and with less ball lol. I REALLY don't think people actually pay attention to games when they're on and just have an idea in their head of what each position should do and they don't stray from it. You even seen people claiming Burton shouldn't kick because he's the 5/8 LOL.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to stop obsessing over positions because it's pointless, all that matters are roles and combinations and i don't know how many more times i can say it. Moving Burton to fullback in our side just means he plays a similar role to what he's playing now but on the right and with less ball lol. I REALLY don't think people actually pay attention to games when they're on and just have an idea in their head of what each position should do and they don't stray from it. You even seen people claiming Burton shouldn't kick because he's the 5/8 LOL.
Why cant we play Dufty and Burto NFL style.

Swap them between roles drpending on when we are in attack and defence. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4].
Or as someone else stated in another posr about plays 2 - 4.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why cant we play Dufty and Burto NFL style.

Swap them between roles drpending on when we are in attack and defence. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4].
Or as someone else stated in another posr about plays 2 - 4.
Honestly the best move is to probably split the halves similar to what Parra have done and have Dufty playing a Gutherson type role with him sweeping around the back and popping up into the frontline and playing various roles, Storm are similar too i guess. Burton can be a little more dominant and hands on and still run often, Dufty can support him and use his pace around the edges while Jake could focus on running and chime in here and there. Let them build a relationship and understanding between them and expand from there. Playing the way we're playing now is just hurting the players.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do we have a ball playing 1st grade standard 13 at the club?
Thompson has been woeful in the front row, fir the coin he’s on let him play 80 minutes at lock.

We also have a fit Stimson now who can ball play.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly the best move is to probably split the halves similar to what Parra have done and have Dufty playing a Gutherson type role with him sweeping around the back and popping up into the frontline and playing various roles, Storm are similar too i guess. Burton can be a little more dominant and hands on and still run often, Dufty can support him and use his pace around the edges while Jake could focus on running and chime in here and there. Let them build a relationship and understanding between them and expand from there. Playing the way we're playing now is just hurting the players.
Well in theory your on point. But the reality is JMK thinks JJ is the 1st reciever.
Can we put dufty into hooker?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No. I am talking about having a plan and sticking with it. IE
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7 Averillo
9. JMK

Next year we will have Mahoney, but right now except for maybe Cook it’s the best we have and we trained for it and lasted two games. We invested in Burton as a halve, that’s where he should be.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I suggested Burton could play a similar role to Tommy Turbo, doesn't need to play fullback to do that though lol.
Exactly. I'd be happy just to see him run past the inside of the left goalpost lol

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems to be on the nose at Belmore, but could Kyle Flanagan do any more to demand another shot?
Opportunities under Trent Barrett have proven tough to come by for Kyle Flanagan, but while the out-of-favour halfback is biding his time waiting for a shot in first grade, he's certainly putting in some big performances in the NSW Cup.
Flanagan was again a standout for the Bulldogs reserves - who remain undefeated with a comeback win over Mounties on Saturday - the No. 7 scoring a try, while having a hand in several others and running for 135 metres in a complete playmaker's display. His kicking was also on point, nailing 5/6 conversions to help solidify the 10-point win.
It seems Barrett is no closer to landing on a halves partner for Matt Burton with the Bulldogs' attack still a big problem, so Flanagan could be knocking on the door for selection with his performance over the weekend.
Standing undefeated & nicely on top of the ladder, with Averillo and Wakeham in and out of first grade, Kyle has remained to consistent man in the halves for the Bulldogs.

Kyle’s Stats After 4 weeks In Reserve Grade:
Tries: 1
Try Assists: 6
Line Break Assists: 7
Conversions: 19/23 (83%)
Tackles: 73 (93%)
Forced Drop Outs: 3
May be an image of 1 person
I Agree, its time Baz...Give the kid a go, you've given everyone else their turn.