News Is Exiled Halfback Actually The Answer To Barrett’s Problems? (Taken from facebook)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think people have forgotten just how bad Kyle was last season. He played like a poor man’s Jack Cogger
People also forgot that Cogger was not a bad player at all. Yeah he didn't have a big boot on him. But he engaged the line and always put his outside man in a better position than himself. Our club fucked him over.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis 2.0. People see this mirage of fools gold and keep insisting he just needs one more chance.. Baz will probably pick him. But I wouldn't expect any difference from how he played last year.
The difference was last year his confidence was completely shot. If he was given a go now you could hope that having some good form behind him might make a difference.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People also forgot that Cogger was not a bad player at all. Yeah he didn't have a big boot on him. But he engaged the line and always put his outside man in a better position than himself. Our club fucked him over.
Totally agree! He never did anything wrong and was a natural halfback. Did some good things. Unfortunately they were fooled by Lewis and let go of Cogger instead. I’m not sure if it was Penrith or Tigers but he single handedly destroyed them on his own.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe we need him, avo and wakeham all in the run on side at once....3 of them combined might equal to a average half back hahaha all duds
4. Burton

6. Avo
7. Flamingo

9. BBO

13. Wakeham

14. JuNK

All the duds lol

PS just to confirm this is a pisstake

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
4. Burton

6. Avo
7. Flamingo

9. BBO

13. Wakeham

14. JuNK

All the duds lol

PS just to confirm this is a pisstake
Nah bro no way flamingo gets a shot

Dufty
Fox
Schouup
Avo / burns
Naden
Burton
BBO

Cook

Wakeham

Win lose with that side and dont change
Wakeham there for cover at half and hooker
He should not be fulltime on the field his defence is good thoe so he can fill in at hooker if cook cant go the 80

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't hurt, already playing musical chairs
If Flanno comes back and still shites the bed I think it's time for Baz to put on his boots and make a comeback as HB. It can't get any worse plus then we can get a real coach without paying Baz out since we haven't sacked him. Even at 40+ he looks to be in better shape than any of the dud HB options at the club.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont give a fcuk who plays, if he cant straighten the attack and have his players hitting holes he will also fail miserably.

This team has no coach and it has no leader.
You can have Nathan Cleary at 7, but with JMK’s woeful dummy half distribution our go forward & attack in general won’t improve.
Throw in Jacko in the vital #13, it’s a shit show.
I feel for Burton/Dufty

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can have Nathan Cleary at 7, but with JMK’s woeful dummy half distribution our go forward & attack in general won’t improve.
Throw in Jacko in the vital #13, it’s a shit show.
I feel for Burton/Dufty
Im sorry I dont agree... A HB or a senior playmaker ensures the team is running smoothly to a game plan and variations to it. You watch the best HB go around, and those gone by, they dont shut up and are always directing the team around. We dont have that... we have a bunch of no confidence trying to orchestrate a game plan that is just shit and extremely readable.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus will only put up with barrett for so long

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz is really made to look silly now because he's got no idea who's going to play halfback and he had the whole of last season and the off season to think it through. It's quite clear that Burton needs an experience half like Maloney,etc to guide him not some fellow rookie like Avo,etc...
Maybe that's because he has no real options at half.

We did try to sign Johnson.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think people have forgotten just how bad Kyle was last season. He played like a poor man’s Jack Cogger
Would have preferred Cogger out of all of them but lets see how Wakeham goes before we have another swap

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our options for the centres and backrow are also very ordinary.

Baz is rightly copping plenty of flak, but geeze we have some holes in our roster.