Is Burton immune from being dropped?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great footy player. Worst 6 in the game atm. Any 6 in any other team is outplaying him in all aspects of the game. The kid needs to either be dropped to bring back the hunger or change positions. I said earlier this week to give him till mid next year but he is getting worse every game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great footy player. Worst 6 in the game atm. Any 6 in any other team is outplaying him in all aspects of the game. The kid needs to either be dropped to bring back the hunger or change positions. I said earlier this week to give him till mid next year but he is getting worse every game.
Where do you play him?
Dogs have five good centres next year.
You coach him, thats what coaches do, grab every player at some time and refine their game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All due respect to you bro but what makes him a great player? He does not know how to defend or tackle (he just cracked 70 missed tackles for the year today). His kicking game is rubbish. He can be dangerous when he runs but very rarely does.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2 x 7 tackle sets

one kick out on the full that too on the 4th tackle of the set

let in one try due to his inept defense.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All due respect to you bro but what makes him a great player? He does not know how to defend or tackle (he just cracked 70 missed tackles for the year today). His kicking game is rubbish. He can be dangerous when he runs but very rarely does.
Heard it here first
Swap is coming...Burton to the Panties <>Luai to the Bulldogs :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton and Mahoney need to go on Holidays early.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s the only shame about his fifth retirement, he can’t mask our problems with his smile and good nature
Hahaha what about his good looks and hair transplant?

I think there's a comeback left in him.

Train and trial for 2025 with the next assistant coach leading the chant

"SIGN HIM UP"

"SIGN HIM UP"

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Taffe performed in the halves for Rabbits?

Definitely starting to feel Burton might get pushed to centers next year (if he can’t start to show some football intelligence and leadership).

With the weaknesses we have as a team we really need a spine that can communicate well with each other and steer the team with a good kicking game.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid is a good player. He is footy smart but the club and what’s happening is destroying his confidence. Look at Mahoney and how much he meant to parra, they won’t make the 8 without him bjt with us he does the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen. It’s like the big name players can get out there and give 50% of effort and get rewarded knowing they won’t get replaced and still get a cheque. I totally understand where you’re coming from as I couldn’t tell you what he is good at anymore. Goal kicking? Lol but honestly almost every player has declined this year which is fucking worrying

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The kid is a good player. He is footy smart but the club and what’s happening is destroying his confidence. Look at Mahoney and how much he meant to parra, they won’t make the 8 without him bjt with us he does the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen. It’s like the big name players can get out there and give 50% of effort and get rewarded knowing they won’t get replaced and still get a cheque. I totally understand where you’re coming from as I couldn’t tell you what he is good at anymore. Goal kicking? Lol but honestly almost every player has declined this year which is fucking worrying
I wonder though if Mahoney’s dip in form is due to the fact he is trying to cover for the lack of direction from Burton. Hard to say..

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you play him?
Dogs have five good centres next year.
You coach him, thats what coaches do, grab every player at some time and refine their game.
I agree but the thing is he isn’t getting coached like he should and that’s on all the staff and coaches. As I said previously they don’t care and effort is of minimal use at this club. If ciraldo wants to be taken seriously then show some balls and drop big name players to show an example. Don’t care who we replace them with it’s not like we are winning anyway, we are getting arse raped every game

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder though if Mahoney’s dip in form is due to the fact he is trying to cover for the lack of direction from Burton. Hard to say..
I think it’s a whole mix of things. He is trying to hard, he is over playing his hand, he is trying to create things as he doesn’t have faith in his halves??? Either way what he is doing is plain stupid! It hasn’t worked all year so refine your game and just play your role. I can’t remember the last time he made a break from dummy half? As bad as this sounds jmk created more attacking opportunities then mahoney and he was a better defender.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it’s a whole mix of things. He is trying to hard, he is over playing his hand, he is trying to create things as he doesn’t have faith in his halves??? Either way what he is doing is plain stupid! It hasn’t worked all year so refine your game and just play your role. I can’t remember the last time he made a break from dummy half? As bad as this sounds jmk created more attacking opportunities then mahoney and he was a better defender.
It really is a cluster, and although I’m generally a positive person… this year has been disappointing to say the least.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We are not asking him to win the games, although his clutch plays are awesome and welcomed!

We are asking him to improve his game - his percentage plays, his kicking - the consistency of kicking out and dead is pathetic. There is no excuse to have mental lapses like that so often.

I think too much responsibility complicates him and he overthinks. Only when a game is almost unwinnable or dead, does he get into his instincts to do something great.

I would put him as centre or lock to create opportunities and play on instinct alone. Unless he is playing outside an elite halfback, he consistently kills our momentum.

His defense is not improving - he bounces off them like rubber leading to so many line breaks and tries.

He is rocks and diamonds for me and he is consistent at swinging between the two.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can tell by the way he talks in media etc that he's not a leader. Shouldn't be in the spine as he's not vocal and doesn't organise his edge simple as that
He's not an Alpha like Munster, Walker or Luai. It's why he was so good at centre for the Panthers. Just did his job without much responsibility.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus talked him up to much to drop him

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What does footy smart mean? If he was footy smart he would have put several players through holes, kicked to gaps and read plays to tackle well. He really doesn’t have any footy smarts, he is just fit.