Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton undoubtedly has the talent and skill. Its been shown. But its the coachings fault at this rate.
Bro, as much as I would like to support that thought, it is just wrong on so many levels.

It’s not under 7’s..a coach can’t teach you “vision” or the ability to see a play or 2 ahead. If that shit is not in him, it’s not in him. Like I said, I will give him at least a few games with Crighton, Kiks, JAC, Curran and co before I am convinced one way or another.

But, it will be the comeback for the ages if he does come good.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With his speed if he actually put in some effort and was better trailing forwards hed kill it

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With his speed if he actually put in some effort and was better trailing forwards hed kill it
Has speed, physical presence and is hard to handle at contact all in his arsenal. Lacks intent/tenacity whilst his link up play needs work he doesn’t stamp himself in a game barely notice him on the field at times. If he can build of what his good at the more refine parts will come.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Going to hit like an absolute truck at 10pm on Friday night when I walk out of work tired as fuck and see what I feel will happen, happen. Then Newcastle on Sunday against the hottest team in the league away with Dan Burn on Saka. Might be deceased by Monday

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na fuck this, my phone keeps shitting it when clicking these links. I'll do it on the computer later.
I thought it was just my phone. The App freezes if I click on any link !! Don’t know why, it’s been fine the last few years

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reeds biggest problem is he tries to hard. He is absolute quality that just needs some friendly coaching advise.

I think everyone watching can see he overplays his hand too often. Everyone can see he needs a breather for his game to be at its best. I’m not sure the coaching sees either of these things though.

I agree Hayward looked very good on Thursday. I haven’t seen that much of him to know much about him. Can he cover other positions?
Hayward is originally a halfback so should be able to cover the halves if required

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a bad game, he was awful. Shit kicks, passes missing the mark, low intensity, stupid challenges, etc. He cops it because he's held to a higher standard and he isn't getting close to delivering. I'm embarrassing as a fan? He's embarrassing as a captain.
100% correct. marquee half, marquee coin and got shown up by reserve graders. i want him to do well.. but he’s gotta improve at some point because he isn’t up to par

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping Ciro & JT can sit down with him watching the video replays over & over and pointing out what he’s doing wrong here & then make the necessary corrections at training ..

I’m giving him till round 6..
and if ciro and JT won’t… marley will

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The irony of this because when he does good stuff the people hating on him say nothing but when he doesnt even have that bad a game, the haters come out. Embarrassing for a fan
Don't know if directed at me but I don't hate him and don't rate him. But when he does actually do something a 5/8th is supposed to do I straight away give him credit for it.

Just very rarely happens, especially last year when he keeps regressing.

The bloke is too comfortable in the 6 and that's not right. Hopefully he has decent competition this season so either he has a concrete milkshake or he gets dropped for someone actually doing his job.

Don't know why the fuck this is so hard to comprehend for his fan boys.... it's team first, if you're hurting the team either step up or fuck off.

All ask you directly since nobody can or wants to answer, apart from his goal kicking, what other area has he improved in over the last 2 years?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if directed at me but I don't hate him and don't rate him. But when he does actually do something a 5/8th is supposed to do I straight away give him credit for it.

Just very rarely happens, especially last year when he keeps regressing.

The bloke is too comfortable in the 6 and that's not right. Hopefully he has decent competition this season so either he has a concrete milkshake or he gets dropped for someone actually doing his job.

Don't know why the fuck this is so hard to comprehend for his fan boys.... it's team first, if you're hurting the team either step up or fuck off.

All ask you directly since nobody can or wants to answer, apart from his goal kicking, what other area has he improved in over the last 2 years?
To me he just doesn’t want the ball , only comes to him cause he’s a 6, he is slow and looks disinterested, I’m not shiting on the kid I want him to improve, he needs to go and start looking and demanding for the ball.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To me he just doesn’t want the ball , only comes to him cause he’s a 6, he is slow and looks disinterested, I’m not shiting on the kid I want him to improve, he needs to go and start looking and demanding for the ball.
Exactly right, why would a fan of the team want him to fail instead of succeed?

Some deluded people think if you call out a underperforming player makes you a "hater". I guess it easier to to throw bullshit words around instead of making a case against them.

Been calling him a centre, but now I just call him a reserves player who may have potential.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are people defending him.

His position is to lead the team around, he isn't.

He has a great kick, but opposition teams know what to expect.

Why the fuck he was signed as a 6 is beyond me. Just cause he wanted to play there

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly right, why would a fan of the team want him to fail instead of succeed?

Some deluded people think if you call out a underperforming player makes you a "hater". I guess it easier to to throw bullshit words around instead of making a case against them.

Been calling him a centre, but now I just call him a reserves player who may have potential.
He has potential but like I said before, if he plays like he did on Thursday, there is no spot for him in the starting team.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has potential but like I said before, if he plays like he did on Thursday, there is no spot for him in the starting team.
I know it was one trial against a reserves team, but it was the same shit form from last year and still couldn't do anything against those reserve players

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Burton is disinterested...I just don't think he is a five eight. When those kids came on in the second half they went to the defensive line and also straightened up to commit the defender before passing. I just never ever see that from Burton. He just seems to lack the finer nuances that elite five eight's have. I think the experiment will be over by round 12 or so and he will revert back to centre which he is truly elite at.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think Burton is disinterested at all it was a 40 min match he is a great ball runner and a great goal kicker i don’t think we can judge on 40
Trial match the boys are just getting used to each other a whole new team I was
Impressed with there defensive system the new players have brought spark and a lot of experience. The backline will be super quick and very hard to stop . I like what Ciro and Gould have done got rid of the dead wood these players are 1st graders train hard play hard. They get paid to do this I think they will do well this year especially having critta kikau Addo-Carr Mann and so any more bring experience and enthusiasm and enthusiastic to play with each other

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't completely written Burton off as a 5/8th, we saw glimpses of what he can do in that game against Parra in 22 under Potter, his obvious strength is his ability to kick behind the defensive line which has resulted in a number of tries but I'm yet to see any improvements in his passing game. We will see whether he can put the defensive line in 2 minds by feigning to go long or out the back to Taste but play short to put Kikau through. A good playmaker should be able to make the players around him look better.