Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still rate Burton he has a great kicking game did he play hard as he could last night in a trial no but when it comes to the crunch he fires hard and know with the other boys with him I think it will make him
Only better

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes but if she isn’t coping then that’s where it gets in his head. All speculation of course it could be far from the truth but I’ve seen guys I work with literally do a 180 when they have their first, late to work, sleep deprived, pressure from wife to be at home etc etc. Then it shows in their work that there head isn’t there. He isn’t close to family either I’m assuming.
Like I said could be far from truth, isn’t really like he’s going to come out and publicly admit if it was anyway.
Half the players in the NRL have kids..... he's a professional. If that is the case then he needs to figure out how to do both like every other working parent on the planet. I just don't think he handles the pressure of being an NRL half. The dogs need to figure out how to use him properly quickly. He didn't kick much last night and Hutcho had a shit night with the boot, accuracy was fucked.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On another note Xerri impressed me a lot. Especially the little things he did off the ball. Defensive reads were good. Didn't show any signs of rust. If Cirro doesn't find a spot for both him and Skelton in our round 1 team them he's got shit for brains.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly don’t think Burton played bad. He didn’t excel but played his role. Kicked to the corners . Fed his outside men. The Burton / Hutch combo was conservative and played the percentages which led to excellent field position. They had Melb pinned inside there half for most of the first half.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a complete introvert, hed be better being told what to do as opposed to barking orders. Sexton and hurchinson made us look like proper nrl standard. I don’t remember the last time I saw a backline from a bulldogs side run those second man plays

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a complete introvert, hed be better being told what to do as opposed to barking orders. Sexton and hurchinson made us look like proper nrl standard. I don’t remember the last time I saw a backline from a bulldogs side run those second man plays
to be honest I think burto just wanted to run the motions and see drew run the game which a half should do. He did some nice runs to try and step etc. I think will come good. His defence was definitely improved with the whole team.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Burton pile on is hilarious. The guy had a good game. For those complaining about his kicking, every kick he took was from around or near the half way mark and bombing is obviously the tactic to give us a chance to close in on the winger/fullback and limit the kick return. His passing was slick and accurate, he ran the ball when the opportunity was there, his defense and effort were very good. I don't understand the hate.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Burton pile on is hilarious. The guy had a good game. For those complaining about his kicking, every kick he took was from around or near the half way mark and bombing is obviously the tactic to give us a chance to close in on the winger/fullback and limit the kick return. His passing was slick and accurate, he ran the ball when the opportunity was there, his defense and effort were very good. I don't understand the hate.
Too early for a pile on but I am expecting to see more from him. Bring on the sharks

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s honestly bizarre the hate this kid cops on here. His first season with us was really strong in a bad team and his form dropped off during the 2nd half of last season like most of the team.
I would’ve liked to have seen him play with a bit more purpose yesterday but it’s 1 half of a trial game. He’s shown enough in his time here to keep the faith at least for this season.

I do think he should have the captaincy taken away so he can focus on his game though. He may turn into one but he isn’t a leader at this stage of his career.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the first game of the season, and already morons are bagging out the team and coach!
I seriously doubt the mentality of some here in the kennel.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He didn't do much in the first half. His kicking game was average again. At least his defence was better..

Still, you'd think we lost by 30. We played well and won the trial well. Relax.
Relax about what? I am relaxed, very good signs from the pups, only negatives are Knight is putrid and Burton still hasn't shown any improvement apart from goal kicking.

I know it's a trial against reserve graders but he still didn't do shit against the reserve graders.

His free ride needs to end asap. The Kennel koala either needs to grow some balls and some brains or GTFO out of FG.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw him a bit at souths doesn’t stand out can be strong in defence but just does dumb shit and his hands can let him down badly.
I don't rate Knight at all so I never paid attention to him, but does he suck that much all the time?
At least he is off contract this year. We won't have to (hopefully) put up with him for much longer.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After reading all the negative comments I expected him to have a bad game, then I watched the replay and he was good without being spectacular, 2 of his bombs were not deep enough but everything else was fine. I expected from the comments to see a Liam knight like performance. Also was gassed after the break away not try but it’s trial #1.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
"DUUUH why hasn't he developed as quickly as i hoped" the club was a shambles when he arrived, injuries aside, he's not had a consistent spine to form combinations with, and for most part he's been playing with a roster who for most, should have been in reserve grade. if you asked yourself, "has burton been put into a position to succeed"? for most it's been no. Does that mean he's blameless? no, but ffs the way people carry on

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After reading all the negative comments I expected him to have a bad game, then I watched the replay and he was good without being spectacular, 2 of his bombs were not deep enough but everything else was fine. I expected from the comments to see a Liam knight like performance. Also was gassed after the break away not try but it’s trial #1.
He was good when he had that one run, only time he threatened.

Those 2 10m bombs that landed 20-30m out was just the standard crap from last year.

If he actually becomes a FG 5/8th ASAP then that's great for him and us. But please enough dick riding the koala, he can't do wrong but the 16 around him are at fault.

This is his third year trying to become a 5/8th, how much longer does he get especially now we have pups who deserve a crack?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s the other way around, tbh. We are making him look worse.

Looked pretty good under Potter,

Gos confidence is shot. Might well come good if the other boys around him continue to play well.

In before half a dozen keyboard warriors call me a troll for stating an opinion.
His best game was under potter vs the eels, needs to go back and start having more fun that might ignite something in him.