News Is Barrett the attacking coach or just a myth vote?

Is Barrett really a great attacking coach or is it just a myth?

• Total voters

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I haven’t seen one positive play that shows Barrett is a good attacking coach why are your thoughts.
Please vote

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate the Penrith players themselves credited Baz for their improved attack. The year before when Cleary was the coach their attack was trash. This year Penrith have just kept using the same attacking structures that Baz implemented.

I'm going to wait until we have a NRL standard spine before I judge our attack because right now our spine is a joke (Avo is OK but the rest are trash)

In saying that I have NFI why Baz keeps picking S. Kotoa. His team selections are not doing him any favours. He needs to stop being loyal to plodders and give the young guys a go. Hoppa, Elliot, Napa and Kotoa need to fuck off and never come back

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We make too many errors and therefore it’s difficult to apply pressure to our opponents. We don’t even seem to attempt to get repeat sets when and if we hold the ball long enough

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The players are so poor it’s not funny. No support play, no urgency. Look at the 7 tackle set before half time and how slow we were to get it started. He is working with park footballers and it looked like it today. I’m not saying he’s faultless but some of these players fmd.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate Lewis but he needs to return... My spine would be
1. Averillo (last chance)
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
9. Deitz (JMK if fit)
Not the biggest fan of this spine at all, but it's the best options we have ATM.

Keep Meaney wing, shift DWZ to wing so Schoupp and Cotric can play centre.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Mate the Penrith players themselves credited Baz for their improved attack. The year before when Cleary was the coach their attack was trash. This year Penrith have just kept using the same attacking structures that Baz implemented.

I'm going to wait until we have a NRL standard spine before I judge our attack because right now our spine is a joke (Avo is OK but the rest are trash)

In saying that I have NFI why Baz keeps picking S. Kotoa. His team selections are not doing him any favours. He needs to stop being loyal to plodders and give the young guys a go. Hoppa, Elliot, Napa and Kotoa need to fuck off and never come back
Was going to say the same thing. I think our squad as a collective is easily the dumbest in the league. There is some talent sprinkled in there, but it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, and my god is the Hopoate apple stale as fuck, and the Katoa and Elliot apples rotten all the way through.

The only thing I'm judging Baz on right now is his selections. He had a judgement-free pass til round 10 with our atrocious top 30. Now that he continues to give the bad apples a run over the good apples... the alarm bells are starting to ring.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day Barrett has deserved all the heat he gets this is why.
He keeps choosing dipshit katoa at hooker when we all see how poor he is.
Allows our mob always to look like they are standing still when passing.
Has a man crush on Waddell another player that offers nothing.
The endless pit of excuses protecting him,we should be doing much better then the park football trash we are showing,if we win again this year we will break the champagne out like we won a comp or something?
I expect better this year not worse.
With who we recruited.
It’s all excuses I’m not buying into it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our fans need to wake up, guys like Burton aren't going to improve in a losing environment. They will go backwards.

We have to just win games by any means. Barrett can make all the star signings, he can't win games so he needs to go.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Say whatever you want ... but the Panthers success is not largely due to Cleary.. he was shit at the tigers and recruited shit at the tigers... then left everyone in the dark.
IMO: The Panthers success is because of Matthew Elliott

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Say whatever you want ... but the Panthers success is not largely due to Cleary.. he was shit at the tigers and recruited shit at the tigers... then left everyone in the dark.
He did extremely well at the Warriors, he is a good coach. The only knock on him is how he has come up short in a couple of gfs now.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add Naden, Addo Carr, Burton, Smith and flick Idiot, Katoa and The Statue

We win today.

We win last week

More than likely

We win against Knights and

We win against the Cowboys.

As hard and frustrating as it is right now, judgement on Baz should be left until next season.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I haven’t seen one positive play that shows Barrett is a good attacking coach why are your thoughts.
Please vote
Can anyone of our useless halves grubber a ball in goal to add pressure to the opposition, what is Tbas Teaching these Idiots at training, and if we all think the attacking coach is absolute shit then the defense coach & Motivation coach (Furner & Allan) should be taken out sacked ASAP, along with the useless geriatrics like Napa, Hoppate, Katoa. and Elliot This is Worst Team ever in the history of Rugby League an absolute disgrace to our once proud Jersy & to our loyal supporters.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How the fuck do you know Barret introduced the structures at the Panthers?

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The players are so poor it’s not funny. No support play, no urgency. Look at the 7 tackle set before half time and how slow we were to get it started. He is working with park footballers and it looked like it today. I’m not saying he’s faultless but some of these players fmd.
I can notice little differences in the attack with Avo (kind of) running to the line and passing, but I am afraid that after that it is all sideways passing and slow.
DWZ is there but no one straightens the attack. So easy to defend.
Every team we play look to be on fast forward compared to our attack.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He did extremely well at the Warriors, he is a good coach. The only knock on him is how he has come up short in a couple of gfs now.
Well... came up well short at the tigers. And had arguably the greatest warriors team in their history. If he has a great squad then fair enough. But proven to build a squad and sustained success massive question mark in my humble opinion.