Is 07 the year we had to have..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
It's round 14 and we've only won 5 matches this year, without looking to improve. We aren't going anywhere, in fact we're getting worse. I'm starting to think there's something seriously wrong at Belmore.

Or is this the year we had to have. I mean we've never ever played so horribly so consistently in a year that we haven't had so many injuries. If you look at our lineup, it isn't bad at all.

Our entire forward pack (minus Hughes) is an international one, and we have some good backs (not excellent but good. re: Patten, Hazem)

Is this the year the Bulldogs absolutely bomb out because of their arrogance and finally get a kick up the arse? Or is there something up at Belmore?

I'm asking this because it is frustrating and painful. I find it very hard to watch the game when I know we're going to lose because of our stupidity. It really hurts to watch the team embarass themselves yet be so full of 'superstars'.

Your thoughts?

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm this could be a good year in a way, we r really figureing out who fits where and whos going and whos staying. No doubt the season isnt over, we have teh players 2 win the premiership, they just really need 2 focus and get back 2 basic footy.
All it really takes is a couple wins and ur back in the top 8, its going 2 be tough but we may pull a couple together, but in saying that this team really needs 2 sort out a halves combination sooner than later. And just 2 get back 2 some consistency is the main thing.

My tip is that we will finish 6th which would be a reasonable job and from there anything can happen? But really i think the storm will take it out this season. We will be competive as ever in 08, 09 , the future looks bright. But if we r going 2 compete this 2nd half of the season it will start next friday nite at manly , where i believe our season will have 2 be kept alive, not just 2 win but against teh leaders in manly would be a huge confidence boster.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm this could be a good year in a way, we r really figureing out who fits where and whos going and whos staying. No doubt the season isnt over, we have teh players 2 win the premiership, they just really need 2 focus and get back 2 basic footy.
All it really takes is a couple wins and ur back in the top 8, its going 2 be tough but we may pull a couple together, but in saying that this team really needs 2 sort out a halves combination sooner than later. And just 2 get back 2 some consistency is the main thing.

My tip is that we will finish 6th which would be a reasonable job and from there anything can happen? But really i think the storm will take it out this season. We will be competive as ever in 08, 09 , the future looks bright. But if we r going 2 compete this 2nd half of the season it will start next friday nite at manly , where i believe our season will have 2 be kept alive, not just 2 win but against teh leaders in manly would be a huge confidence boster.
Why are we figuring out who fits where? We have pretty much the same team that we had last year. I think the only thing in regards to finding who fits where has got to do with our halves combo. We are not going to come anywhere near winning the comp if our halves pairing keeps being chopped and changed.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
no we didn't need to have this year at all

we have a top 4 roster

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
07 is the year I should'nt have bet on the Dogs to win the comp :o

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
its basically becoming, one year high and one year low, especially from when we won the comp
2004: top 2
2005; miss the top 8
2006: top 2
2007: likely to miss the top 8

if we want a successive 2008 season, i honestly see some changes to this years line-up, for next season.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score

The man makes sense if you ask me!;)

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
its nearly time to close the door on 2007, and look at the future coz i cant see much happening in the remainder of the season

Matty B

Reaction score
Things just arent happening for us this year, i think were a bit weak in the backs, we just lack that extra yard of pace and a bit of size out wide, also a bit of pace and nous out of dummy half. The hooker, half, 5/8th and fullback positions are the 4 that you really need to look at and make sure you have good players in these positions to be successful, and im not sure if we are good enough here at the moment, excluding Patten who is week in wek out our best back, and Sherwin is hot and cold, but when in form he is a very good footballer, but we just need consistency in these areas and build combinations in key positions, we really need to recruit a good young hooker, and re-signing Roberts was a positive move, he is a talent, hopefully we can build our future around these players, and be a threat again in the near future.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thnk they have found out that it is hard to live up too expectations!

being backed as number ones, or the better half most of the time.....they are possibly either;
a- getting a false confidence about their ability...in reality there is only one place t go...down! look at penrith. they win a premiership, then a few years later suck testicles...but they are getting better.
b- people arnt fusing...is it all the politics that have got into it? i know for me personaly the club doesnt feel the same as a few years ago....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The game has evolved, but the Dogs still think it's the 1980s, and play accordingly. 'Though, their defence was better back then.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our backs (except Patten) arent that good.
Our bench contributes little.
We lack speed @ hooker.
And our forwards havent dominated many teams.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
This roster shouldn't be losing this many games. It's terrible.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
There is no excuse for not being able to catch or hold onto a ball. If they dont fix this, how will 08 be any different.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
I think the injury to utai has played a major role into the dogs downfall.

Plus the chopping and changing of halves reminded me of Roosters 2006.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Utai? He only has played 1 game and i can't see a wingman being a downfall lol.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeap. i think 07 is a wake up call
we are not the dominant and feared team we used to be and we are going to have one ****ing great off season to make up for it

ps. sorry for ruining the game for u 3/4 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.