News Inside the rebuilding of Canterbury Bulldogs

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could look back in a few years and JK could be the most important appointment out of all the changes we have made.
200%he’s the sort of fella,that backs he’s talking,into action,he started with a very fractured jigsaw puzzle,but the pieces are falling into place,he and the board deserve a lot of praise.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All they have really done is come into an open cheque book. Our performances this year are worse than ever. I’d argue it’s a better squad than last year too. I wish them well, but gees we’ve achieved nothing as yet. Knights had all this hype when there salary cap was finally in order and they started on there spending spree. There still shit
So the appointment of Gus and signings of Burton, JAC and Pangai mean nothing? I dont see the point of thinking like you.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the appointment of Gus and signings of Burton, JAC and Pangai mean nothing? I dont see the point of thinking like you.
They have had an open cheque book to work with. Any one walking into this situation with money to spend would make positive announcements. Im very excited about players coming just don’t see the chest pumping, when nothings been achieved. The signings made for this year under same watch have been terrible

TheBulldog23

Waterboy
Reaction score
All they have really done is come into an open cheque book. Our performances this year are worse than ever. I’d argue it’s a better squad than last year too. I wish them well, but gees we’ve achieved nothing as yet. Knights had all this hype when there salary cap was finally in order and they started on there spending spree. There still shit
Have faith brother

TheBulldog23

Waterboy
Reaction score
John comes across as a very honest, modest and hard working good man who genuinely loves the club.

Knowing that some of the former greats listed have had bad history but he & the board are able to bring them together is huge for our club and in my opinion the key to our success moving forward. Job well done there boys.

What they have now achieved in less than a year is great & let's hope it can continue to grow & bring future success, on & off the field. The off field stuff being the most important, especially by creating unity.

For the first time in a long time, this is starting to feel like the club I've loved all my life again.

Lets hope that everyone can leave their personal agendas in their past & bring this great club back to where it belongs......

THE MOST POWERFUL, FEARED & TOUGHEST CLUB IN THE LAND!!!

Keep the good work up boys.
Well said brother
Up the mighty bulldogs
#proudtobeabulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have made any of these signings with pay
Great point, you need pulling power and Pay didn’t have it unfortunately… TB is unheralded but should get plenty of credit, he’s got a good network and that network has an even better network. He’s charismatic and articulates himself well, but the journey has only just begun, let’s look forward to the real test in 2022.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting also that he specifically spoke of how the current number 9 is the modern day half-back.

This ontop of "the something I found different" in Gus's glowing praise for Brandon Smith last night tells me something is brewing.

Hectic Cheese, come on down.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have had an open cheque book to work with. Any one walking into this situation with money to spend would make positive announcements. Im very excited about players coming just don’t see the chest pumping, when nothings been achieved. The signings made for this year under same watch have been terrible
So you are saying they should start the bee year with heads down no chest pumping?

these signings are not reason to have self belief we are back.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like you, i want to see wins next year. JK looks like he is making all the right moves. The positive media run helps our ability to make a few more key signings. IMO, this could be the difference between making finals next year. We need to get our arrogance back, the Iast few years of rival fans feeling sorry for us has destroyed me.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gees we’d wanna win plenty of games next season. A lot of talk, we’re running last this year remember. Yes we’ll be better, but the way there going on we will win the comp. Good to be positive I guess
At least they are trying to do something, that’s really all we can ask for.

TheBulldog23

Waterboy
Reaction score
Very interesting also that he specifically spoke of how the current number 9 is the modern day half-back.

This ontop of "the something I found different" in Gus's glowing praise for Brandon Smith last night tells me something is brewing.

Hectic Cheese, come on down.
Wow
This would be the complete shutdown
[emoji23]

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder how Pay would have delivered with all this support and signings?
We'd have a genuine Bulldog coach as well.
I genuinely feel for Pay. People say he was a shit coach, but he delivered better results then Baz has this year, with an inferior roster, and over a couple of years. Im not saying he was great, bit lime you said, imagine what he could have done.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exciting times but for me i've read it all before i guess i will see what happens.
Yep, we’ve all read this before. But the difference is before they used to talk and then recruit Players like Britt and co. And appoint football managers like Price. Now they are talking but backing it up with player signings like TPJ and appointing football managers like Gould.