Inside Balls (Or lack thereof)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has noticed the lack of inside passing in the Dogs game?

The only inside passes I see come when Reynolds runs across our backline, which is more a consequential thing than a planned move.

I'd like to see some of our forwards given more short inside balls, turning the defence around.

Our attack passes and runs across the face of defensive lines, and the opposition usually just slide and contain us comfortably.

The sharks last night really troubles our defence by simple, short passing inside up the middle and on the edges.

Short inside balls aren't a risky.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our forwards don't push up and support, simple as that really. I have said i so many times, Des wants to play around teams and not through them. That is why the halves are positioned so far wide and why the forwards stand so flat and waste so many tackles passing the ball between each other.

Malla

Reaction score
Jackson dropped a couple through to Holland but he is just so slow to react the hole closes up by the time he hits the line.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson dropped a couple through to Holland but he is just so slow to react the hole closes up by the time he hits the line.
Yes seen that, fact: Holland not good hole runner = not a good centre.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i remember graham to perrett inside ball against the raiders when he eventually got smashed by wighton

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol "inside balls". I really thought this thread was going to be about something else...

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i remember graham to perrett inside ball against the raiders when he eventually got smashed by wighton
That worked a treat. Hell, even Garvey gave one a few weeks back that led to a try.
Obviously too attacking, so Des and the team put it on the shelf for the Nulla match, preferring to run one out on the last.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still finding his feet in first grade. He is drawing two players into the tackle, but missing the chance to slip a pass to his winger. He will improve.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

The only inside passes I see come when Reynolds runs across our backline, which is more a consequential thing than a planned move.

I'd like to see some of our forwards given more short inside balls, turning the defence around.

Our attack passes and runs across the face of defensive lines, and the opposition usually just slide and contain us comfortably.

The sharks last night really troubles our defence by simple, short passing inside up the middle and on the edges.

i mentioned this last night. flat footed passing. and even if they do run, no-one changes the line. side-to-side-here-you-try-something.

des is extremely stubborn when it comes to changing with the times. he still thinks its the 80's.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now that Hoppas back, watch him start to inject himself more in attack to either side of a forward running through.

Our support play in general needs a lot of work though.

This is how I see things:

upload_2016-6-7_17-57-32.png

Last edited:

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

True mate, lack of creativity and variety defines us.
We completed 88% against the sharks.
Any team would kill for a completion rate like that (Sharks rate was 70% in that game), how do you lose that?
By being predictable and ineffective in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.