Official Injury update: Hopoate eyes return

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the latest injury update heading into Round 15 of the NRL premiership.

Will Hopoate has recovered from an ankle syndesmosis injury and is likely to be considered for this weekend’s clash against the New Zealand Warriors.

Rookie Isaiah Tass is back to full training with the squad after recovering from a ruptured PCL to his left knee.
After missing last week’s clash with the Wests Tigers due to a hip pointer injury, Jake Averillo will be available for the club’s fixture this weekend.

Adam Elliott is four weeks post shoulder surgery and is out of his brace. The back rower will commence his rehab program this week.

Meanwhile, Joe Stimson is doing non-contact skills with the team and is well into his running and strength programs as he works his way back from two shoulder operations earlier in the season.

Both Kieran Foran and Raymond Faitala-Mariner have no injury concerns following the round 14 match against the Tigers.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopoate being back is massive. His communication at the back gives us some defensive resilience while adding some sort of dynamic with the ball in hand.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well this makes for some interesting team selection dilemmas.

1. Keep Meaney at FB, or move Hoppa there?
2. Where will Avo play, if at all. As much as I want to see him in the game his weaknesses in defense were exploited brutally by Melbourne.

I think it would be really tough to shift Meaney from FB, he has been going great. That means Hoppa plays right centre where we really need him.

Avo misses out or sits on the bench as a backup for Hoppa or Foran. Unless Lafai is dropped and Avo plays left centre, and we take the risk that Warriors don't pay too much attention to what the Storm did against him.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of Hoppa or Averillo won’t make the team.

There’s no way the coach will drop Lafai.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to see this back five this week. Hopefully this means the end of Lafai, Holland and Montoya for the rest of the year.

1: Meaney
2: DWZ/Okunbur
3: Averillo
4: Hopoate
5: Reimis

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
About time they provided a half decent injury..

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about something outside the box - My strongest back 7

1. Meaney
2. DWZ
3. Lafai
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Foran

IMO, Cogger failed to direct the team to a victory when we had it by the Balls - He failed his assignment & missed some crucial tackles.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about something outside the box - My strongest back 7

1. Meaney
2. DWZ
3. Lafai
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Foran

IMO, Cogger failed to direct the team to a victory when we had it by the Balls - He failed his assignment & missed some crucial tackles.
I don't mind this.
I would like to know how knockonbur is training and whether or not he is putting pressure on Smith and DWZ.

He has a lot of potential to be great and I hope that this whole incident has taught him to be grateful for this opportunity and really make the most of it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hoppa
4. Lafai
5. Meaney
6. Cogger