Opinion Injury replacements

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Defensively he's not a first grader yet. Hopefully he continues to improve defensively so he can make big metres and defend.
For sure that's the biggest issue with his game but he was fine in his first few FG games last season and more than made up for any defensive deficiencies with his yardage from dummy half that would have us starting sets on the front foot with quick play the balls. He's worth keeping and its not like even Fox who is a rep winger doesn't have flaws defensively.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about skelton not getting selected for defensive deficiencies is farcical. Addo Carr has leaked plenty of points for bad reads and poor positioning.
Skelton has had 3 years to learn the game and will not improve stuck in reggies. All the big wingers such as sivo etc are not strong at turning and chasing.
Ciraldo is a clown if he can’t see what he offers in attack.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Talk about skelton not getting selected for defensive deficiencies is farcical. Addo Carr has leaked plenty of points for bad reads and poor positioning.
Skelton has had 3 years to learn the game and will not improve stuck in reggies. All the big wingers such as sivo etc are not strong at turning and chasing.
Ciraldo is a clown if he can’t see what he offers in attack.
Gotten to the stage now where we desperately need the yards he gets us. Hope Ciro is not that stubborn. Afterall he has his defensive 7 who can't pass for an overlap...that's enough favouritism in picking the safe guy.

First time I've said we won't win. It's not my go lol...but...we have too many out to win and we need to give the robust possibles a go for whatever the future brings later on in the season. Though I still dont want Papa exposed to the Storm as his first up game of first grade.
Our promising few forwards and Skelton yes and Wilson FB.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would ya bring Skelton on in the middle? He's a big boy
Can't see that myself. But Ciro thought Knockonmore was a 2ndrower. Who are we to know lol.
What I do know (IMO) is that Skelton has the potential to be twice the player Oki was.

Reactions: ATT

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't see that myself. But Ciro thought Knockonmore was a 2ndrower. Who are we to know lol.
What I do know (IMO) is that Skelton has the potential to be twice the player Oki was.
He would go better than Knight and Potato

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potential? Mate he was twice the player oki was after playing just 1 game.

skelton has been unlucky with suspensions, I domt
Think Ciro promotes
Him
He would prob like to see those
Stats 3
Or
Weeks in a row

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Assuming Fox and Tracey are good I’d go…

1 Tracey otherwise Papalii
2 Kiraz
3 Xerri
4 Crichton
5 Fox
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 King/Knight (if fit)
9 Mahoney
10 Patolo
11 Kiks
12 Salmon
13 Curran

14 Hutchison
15 Hughes
16 Knight/Tetevano
17 Kitione
Probably our strongest 17. Slot in Preston, Mann, suluka fafita and on paper we aren’t that bad. I’m sure if we ever get our full compliment on the part we will win as many as we lose. Even Sutton is an upgrade on Knight.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Potential? Mate he was twice the player oki was after playing just 1 game.

skelton has been unlucky with suspensions, I domt
Think Ciro promotes
Him
He would prob like to see those
Stats 3
Or
Weeks in a row
Yeah he has been unlucky with the suspensions at the wrong time but at the same time, I thought he showed more (at the time) and deserved it more than when Wilson got his promotion. Sometimes I think Ciro has got it wrong in his selections and promotes of his favs. The main criteria should be "what can this guy bring to the team that we need" not "I like this guys training and want to show the others it gets rewarded". Sometimes you just have to give "potential" a go.

Skelton has that certain something most teams need (and have) and I reckon we all know if we don't give him a chance, some other club will and it's gonna come back and bite us hard. Gus "discovered" this guy outa the blue converting to league. We must give him an opportunity.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotten to the stage now where we desperately need the yards he gets us. Hope Ciro is not that stubborn. Afterall he has his defensive 7 who can't pass for an overlap...that's enough favouritism in picking the safe guy.

First time I've said we won't win. It's not my go lol...but...we have too many out to win and we need to give the robust possibles a go for whatever the future brings later on in the season. Though I still dont want Papa exposed to the Storm as his first up game of first grade.
Our promising few forwards and Skelton yes and Wilson FB.
Surely Skelton offers more than Edwards, Knight, Patolo etc as an impact player off the bench.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he has been unlucky with the suspensions at the wrong time but at the same time, I thought he showed more (at the time) and deserved it more than when Wilson got his promotion. Sometimes I think Ciro has got it wrong in his selections and promotes of his favs. The main criteria should be "what can this guy bring to the team that we need" not "I like this guys training and want to show the others it gets rewarded". Sometimes you just have to give "potential" a go.

Skelton has that certain something most teams need (and have) and I reckon we all know if we don't give him a chance, some other club will and it's gonna come back and bite us hard. Gus "discovered" this guy outa the blue converting to league. We must give him an opportunity.
i 100% agree with your post.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For those talking up Papali'i and Todd both can't play NRL until round 11 or so. Wouldn't debut Papali'i against Melbourne or anyone else quite yet. As for Todd not until King, Hughes, Curran, Morrin, Preston, Kikau, Mann, Patolo are all fit. Later maybe
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. Mann
15. Morrin/Salmon
16. Todd
17. Fifita/Sutton/Patolo
I think that rule has been changed. They are eligible from round 1 if on a development contract

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Neither Papali'i or Todd are on the development list.
Clubs used to be able to apply for an exemption to play players outside the top 30, in case of a drastic injury toll,early in the year. Is this still the case . . . TwinTurbo ??

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Papali'i is Top 30 and Todd is NSW Cup contract (train and trial). We aren't ready to debut Todd with this pack. Way more upside than Tetevano but we need an experienced head.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jeral could run over the top of Coates tho :grinning:
We tend to see the deficiencies in our own players and overlook those in opponents. Coates is a tremendous attacking weapon, particularly in the air, but his defence is dustier than Skelton's.