Injuries our #1 season killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys in all honesty i believe injuries and the amount of them have crueled our season more than any other aspect. We have quiete simply been ripped a new one with constant injuries to key personel. The succesful clubs of last year and this season have had a relatively inj free season barring the penrith panthers which only of late have been hammered with key injuries.
I cant put my finger on it or really blame anyone however we must have kicked a black cat or walked under a ladder as we never seem to get a 1 or 2 week inj. Its always 6 werks plus starting with pritchard, chase, morris, bow kasiano, perret when he was killing it, moses during origin when we needed him most, klemmer, tolman on 2 seperate occasions.
U simply cant win the comp these days with that list of inj and lengthy ones so i just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone else thinks. Is our hyperbaric chamber a myth and are we getting the best out of the rehab team?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its not dead yet though:p

i think the only way to prevent injuries is to hire god as a trainer tbh, sometimes its luck

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Other teams have had way more injuries. Our depth is a major issue.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries as a season killer... that's pretty much true for every team, every season (or at least those who had a chance on paper).

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other teams have had way more injuries. Our depth is a major issue.
pretty much, in 2012 both our holden cup and nsw cup sides finished 1st as well. Now they are both at the bottom of the table, its a bit hard to get quality replacements

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oue depth is ok except a backup halfback

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we had our full strength side i think wed give it a massive shake and be there on gf day however now with no chase, kas and frank we will struggle to make a dent in semis. Just my opinion

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths, manly, rorters and storm all In Top 5 have no major inj. Other teams that have had worse inj toll incl sharks and tigers were never going to win the title. We are in the mix but have been hammered with inj.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths, manly, rorters and storm all In Top 5 have no major inj. Other teams that have had worse inj toll incl sharks and tigers were never going to win the title. We are in the mix but have been hammered with inj.
Cronk? Broken arm.
Glenn Stewart? Barely played this season. Watmough? Post-Origin injuries.
Issac Luke? Luke Keary? Both missed huge chunks of the season
SBW? Jake Friend? Both missed quite a bit of game time.

The Roosters were very lucky with injuries last year, which really helped their premiership push. This year, all of the top 8 or so sides have had pretty similar luck injury-wise. I'm sure you're just following the Dogs' injury list more closely.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I pretty much think we are close to full strength. Earlier in the year we were playing superb football without Kasiano amd Pritchard. They are luxuries and not key players.

Chase Stanley hurts the team a lot when he plays for 5 mins and pisses off with a broken leg and what not, and we have to re-shuffle.

Between now and round 26 we need to get our attack right and have some stability in our side. Not hard to do.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also add origin taking away key players for so long when we had momentum built up.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forget injuries before the game, I am pissed off about players getting injured leaving us one or two men down during the game.
Last 2 games we lost kas, finucane and jackson mid way.

Nothing fcks up a game more when we play with 1 or 2 men short.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Morris got hurt in Origin, Returned + re-injured in Origin. Wasn't in a Dogs jersey for about 2 months.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ennis playing 80 minutes helps when it comes to losing a guy in-game tbh unless its an outside back

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Injuries have not helped us get any continuity for half a season. Whilst Kasiano sucks to lose I think in terms of strengthening our team tim Browne has been a greater loss. Always gives 100% and doesn't stop going.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Forget injuries before the game, I am pissed off about players getting injured leaving us one or two men down during the game.
Last 2 games we lost kas, finucane and jackson mid way.

Nothing fcks up a game more when we play with 1 or 2 men short.
It doesn't help that's for sure. That's why everyone is miffed when Des leave a guy on the bench for 75 mins or doesn't even put him on

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn't help that's for sure. That's why everyone is miffed when Des leave a guy on the bench for 75 mins or doesn't even put him on
And when he puts him (perrett) on after 75 minutes he also gets Injured on the first tackle.

C

choice

Cronk? Broken arm.
Glenn Stewart? Barely played this season. Watmough? Post-Origin injuries.
Issac Luke? Luke Keary? Both missed huge chunks of the season
SBW? Jake Friend? Both missed quite a bit of game time.

The Roosters were very lucky with injuries last year, which really helped their premiership push. This year, all of the top 8 or so sides have had pretty similar luck injury-wise. I'm sure you're just following the Dogs' injury list more closely.
Exactly, injuries are a excuse.
we have had hodkinson, Ennis injury free, they are supposedly your key players.
reynolds only through suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.