News Injured Canterbury star Luke Thompson has declared he is not a spent-force in the NRL as he works towards an earlier than expected return

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he can play he should, might as well get some return on the clubs investment.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that Offa is going to Parra, send him to Tigers immediately on a 5-year deal as punichment for both.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great news if Thommo comes back early…. Some of the sh!t Gus writes leaves you scratching your head, made it sound like he’s unlikely returning anytime soon…. Shazam, he’s back in 3-4 weeks
Yeh agree, Gus seems to indicate Thommo gone for much longer yet. Where does this return after the bye come from?
Lol in fact that could be anytime between the bye and end of season. Can’t dispute that I guess.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was out of a moon 2 weeks ago and then back in one last week.. he seems to moving freely, even jumping fences which was like wtf... anyway well see what comes of it. Prob any 2-3 weeks..

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Background noise.
Let's just focus on devising a gameplan that the current selected forwards can execute

We can't be conceding 60-70m from 5 tackles for the majority of the game. We have technique issues in around the ruck and middle in the way we tackle which need to be addressed.

If we keep teams to only 30-50m, it is unlikely they keep putting attacking kicks on last and with Burtons boot, we should be able to force them to start on their 10m line.

In attack, we just need multiple players in motion. Don't necessarily need size, just the stamina and desire to run an option and open up the gaps in the defence.

It's not rocket science but we sure make it look like it.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little doubt that Thommo has been a bit disappointing. However has has little control over injuries and Covid.
I agree he is being overpaid for what he has contributed. However, I still rate him higher than a few on here.
I would get rid of Topine, Morrin and RFM before him. He just needs to stay fit and to play in the right position.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Little doubt that Thommo has been a bit disappointing. However has has little control over injuries and Covid.
I agree he is being overpaid for what he has contributed. However, I still rate him higher than a few on here.
I would get rid of Topine, Morrin and RFM before him. He just needs to stay fit and to play in the right position.
Morrin has done more than Thommo in the small amount of games he's played.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson would have to stay fully fit and play for nothing for a full season for us to get any value out of the money we have already paid him since neither of those things are going to happen…..FUCK HIM OFF ASAP!!! Closely followed by TPJ. So sick of this pair of fucking pretenders.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I care about is that we get a good 10 or more games out of him in the 2nd half of the season.
More than enough ppl shitting on him so leave me out of that, I'll just be willing him to do well for the team.
What happens after that is up to the coach and Gus.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brutally unlucky with genuine injuries. No comment on his luck with the mild flu of 22. 10 weeks for him to prove himself this year. If he can aim up and get back to his best I have no issue extending him

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Thommo comes back soon this will be our saving grace from the spoon, all of a sudden we will start pressing the big teams again, lean on the 8, but unfortunately still likely to fall short