News Injured Canterbury star Luke Thompson has declared he is not a spent-force in the NRL as he works towards an earlier than expected return

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Then who are you signing?????
I’ve been impressed with Emre Guler, who is off contract so i would definitely give him a team friendly contract and a starting spot with King to entice him to us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
According to Actros, Luke played second row alot. I CANT RECALL IF IT WAS FIRST GRADE OR JUNIORS BUT.

And I have figured out who Actros actually is, and yes, he would be aware of Lukes career for a while just as he says. He isnt lying at all.
Many of us always thought you were Actros.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Do we really need another middle?

King
Sutton
TPJ
RFM
Hughes
Okunbor
Morrin
Patolo
Davey
Pele

Then we have reserve graders after round 11.

If anything we replace TPJ with a top shelf middle the year after.
I was thinking the same thing. If Hughes and Pele kick on we should be alright. But if Thommo is not re-signed then naturally we’d probably fill his roster spot with another middle. Possibly a junior

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. If Hughes and Pele kick on we should be alright. But if Thommo is not re-signed then naturally we’d probably fill his roster spot with another middle. Possibly a junior
You would probably resign Hughes for an additional year and look for a gun lock out there. Pity Ryan Grey got injured.. kid was finally hitting his straps through the middle.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You would probably resign Hughes for an additional year and look for a gun lock out there. Pity Ryan Grey got injured.. kid was finally hitting his straps through the middle.
Is Hughes only signed for this year? I didn’t mind the look of him on Friday he seems to have potential. Likewise with Pele on the previous Sunday night he was bending the line back with each run. Morrin could be a chance to play lock also in the future, he has the running game for it.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has never played edge or back row in the uk, but he has played here against the sharks and was one of are best players. The front row need big body’s with a strong core as they have a shorter run up than the edge back rower, that’s why Luke played better at the back as he can pick his lines and has more time wether to run or pass.
Im interested in why you say he is suited to lock and not front row

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Hughes only signed for this year? I didn’t mind the look of him on Friday he seems to have potential. Likewise with Pele on the previous Sunday night he was bending the line back with each run. Morrin could be a chance to play lock also in the future, he has the running game for it.
Yup. We'll see more of him in the coming weeks but he looked better as the game went on. I have seen him run at training and he is very quick for a big guy over 40m whilst we saw some decent footwork on the weekend too.

If we can manage Sutton/Pele/Hughes/Patolo/Morrin to help out TPJ/King/RFM then our middles are sorted in my opinion and best of all your not blowing the bank.

I just wish if we are going after a decent forward its worth the money...

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He's gone from us that way that reads ... Said he wants to stay in NRL and not just the Bulldogs.
I hope we keep him personally, but this seems like he's being put in the shop window.
To be in the shop window it means he would need to play out the rest of this season and look good. If he does that he will price himself out of the bulldogs. I could see a team like parra, knights or tigers offering a bit of cash for him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
To be in the shop window it means he would need to play out the rest of this season and look good. If he does that he will price himself out of the bulldogs. I could see a team like parra, knights or tigers offering a bit of cash for him.
If he leaves the doggs, I believe it’ll be for Cronulla or the titans
Cronulla because it’s near home and a premiership shot and titans as his gf seems to like GC life and Holbrook was his boi at St Helen’s

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he leaves the doggs, I believe it’ll be for Cronulla or the titans
Cronulla because it’s near home and a premiership shot and titans as his gf seems to like GC life and Holbrook was his boi at St Helen’s
He would do well at Cronulla. If he leaves us I hope it's to them. That would more than likely put Hazleton in the shop window for other clubs

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honeslty paying him 800k shouldn’t have fans bagging him he’s copped injuries there’s nothing you can do about that. Neither can you say his overpayed, you simply can’t anticipate injuries though if he was to re sign it would have to be 400 max. Using that money elsewhere would be my choice if I had to make it, if he accepted a significantly reduced contract I’m for it but that could be used elsewhere.

Outside the topic TPJ is on 800k to that’s a hefty amount of the cap 1.6mil reinvested into the foward pack we could get much better value then those two.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Luke Thompson has a lot of ground to make up, loyalty goes both ways and he needs to deliver

He was meant to be the next James Graham but has never lived up to that expectation.

His off field issues haven’t helped him focus.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Thompson has a lot of ground to make up, loyalty goes both ways and he needs to deliver

He was meant to be the next James Graham but has never lived up to that expectation.

His off field issues haven’t helped him focus.
who said he is the next JameS Graham?

They dont play like each other at all.