Independent Review into Barba Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to find the NRL knew about this. They really didn't needs another failed face of league.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to find the NRL knew about this. They really didn't needs another failed face of league.
Bingo! That's why im worried that we will be the fall guys...

Owen

New Pup
Reaction score
haha - fair - just trying to help - a good petition on this could do really well.

Malla

Reaction score
I still don't understand what the issue is with Greenburgs actions. End of the day, he's actually done something about it and put Barba through rehab. He may have not told the NRL, but I don't think that would have been a necessity to do. I would be very surprised if anything came from this investigation...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope the Doggies can concentrate on finals footy with all this happening!!

Ralphie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah true, but it never all came out with Johns did it. David Smith would be embarrassed to have to drop Todd in any sh1t.
Interesting days ahead
If you're interested I can tell you what happened with Johns. It involved one of my mates daughter.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're interested I can tell you what happened with Johns. It involved one of my mates daughter.
And they made him an Immortal..no wonder some professional footy players think they can do anything they want too as long as they are good players!!

markyw78

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why am I starting to get the feeling that Todd is going to be hung out to dry on this?

And yet the "man" who perpetrated this vile act will keep his job?

There are already many instances of players running around at the moment who have done similar - and yet they seem to be portrayed as misunderstood individuals ... Seem to be swiftly forgotten. Where is the media outcry on these people?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why am I starting to get the feeling that Todd is going to be hung out to dry on this?

There are already many instances of players running around at the moment who have done similar - and yet they seem to be portrayed as misunderstood individuals ... Seem to be swiftly forgotten. Where is the media outcry on these people?
Very true..

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Greenberg will be okay. Ainslie Currie refused to contact the Police over the assault; therefore whatever happened was not a Police matter. In that circumstance the Bulldogs hierarchy could only focus their attention on Barba's "health issues" which resulted in rehabilitation. The club gave the health issues and rehab bit freely to the media.

As for the NRL's Integrity Unit, Barba's connection with the Epic Bender Crew along with his alcohol and gambling problems were in the open. Todd Greenberg is not responsible for the Integrity Unit just sit on their arse and do nothing.

He may still have his job at the Bulldogs until the end of this season and then with the Broncos for however many years they signed him. But Barba has got a problem he can't do anything about, his history and reputation will be waiting for him wherever he goes. IMO leopards don't change their spots... he will be a repeat offender and find himself out the door real quick.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
ItsM1tchRL
@ItsMitchell180
If Todd goes, who do you think would be a good replacement? #askKent

Paul Kent: Paul White, current CEO of the Broncos. Knows his footy and a good administrator.

Another news limited Bronco lover :sleepy:
Wasn't Paul White also the one asking fans, and bulldogs fans to lay off Ben Barba?.....double standards

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahaha Paul White. Because he's doing such a great job with the Groncos?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

it's because he's employed by the NRL now. It's not rocket science that if he wasn't then he'd be treated the same as all the other CEO's of souths,melbourne,tigers etc

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The Telegraph is the one leading the charge. They are focussing the blame squarely on the Bulldogs and Todd Greenberg rather than Barba because the Broncos, like the Telegraph, are owned by News Ltd and Ben Barba is now a commercial asset

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
The Telegraph is the one leading the charge. They are focussing the blame squarely on the Bulldogs and Todd Greenberg rather than Barba because the Broncos, like the Telegraph, are owned by News Ltd and Ben Barba is now a commercial asset
why publish the photo then? damaging his brand isn't a great way of going about looking after a commercial asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.