News In the Doghouse

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad move getting Beavis involved and worse how did it make the news? Has a right to be in Baz's ear obviously and i assume Trent is communicating regularly with him but even blind freddy would know he is well out of favour presently.

He needs to be making no noise other than noticeable improvement in Reggies and a m.o.m award or two wouldn't hurt to show he actually is trying.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he told him he was still wanted it will be simply as a back up Lewis won’t be resigned and hopefully Johnson is coming otherwise he will be fighting with averillo for his spot back..

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 things for me,

1. shut up and show if you can play or not,
2. If true it's a big signing fuk up by T-Baz.
Wouldn’t say it’s a big signing what’s he on 300k fuck up though yes

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit article, shit player. He reminds me of Mbye, but a way sookier version. Instead of having a cry ever 5 minutes and having "poor me" articles out there, how bout shutting up, putting your head down and put in the extra work to develop yourself into a better player and proving the doubtful people wrong. But in all honesty, I'm over hearing the blokes name and his "woe is me" attitude.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he quits the contract we owe him nothing.. just like raiders English halfback. So long as its a mutual agreement we would be in the clear
No the Raiders still have his contract under their cap. They kicked him out. He didn’t leave.

If it was as you said we wouldn’t be in anywhere near the problems we are in. All the players that have left us early in the last few seasons. have all done it voluntarily. Yet we have had seasons with over a million of our cap going to players that play for other clubs.

I agree it should be like that but it doesn’t matter who agrees to what. The NRL contract needs to be honoured by someone under the Salary Cap.

The only way it doesn’t count is when a player is medically retired.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought his dad managed him…. What the hell does Wayne Beavis have to do with his situation? All this has shown about Flanagan is he is a weak individual…. As numerous posters have said, keep your head down, work on your game & get yourself back into first grade off the back of good form! Enough f%cking whinging to the media & especially to that germ f*#k Weidler

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is he still buying Trent his morning coffee before training?
Never convinced about his signing. His signing was overhyped by all involved.
Let's be careful with the guy, he still is very young and just needs support for the next chapter of his career.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for the kid to an extent. He was paraded around as the saviour. The future and face of the clubs rebuild.
Definite lesson here. I understand the pressure for ‘content’ but hope they don’t do the same with Burton and mainly let him do his talking on the field.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This whole thing doesn’t really reflect that well on Tbaz in my opinion. He gave Kyle the keys to whole team knowing his mental fragility from what happened at the Roosters and didn’t change a thing after it was obviously not working a few weeks into the season.

I’m sure meetings like this are a pretty common occurrence this one just got leaked to the media. Flanagan’s confidence is shot to pieces so I can understand him wanting to find out where he stands after the Johnson stuff has surfaced.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Baz saying he won't get rid of him means he already wants him gone.

SJ to us and Flopagan to Sharts.

IF he had some actual talent and wasn't scared to engage the line I'm sure Baz would try him at 9 until we get Cheese/Another 9.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought his dad managed him…. What the hell does Wayne Beavis have to do with his situation? All this has shown about Flanagan is he is a weak individual…. As numerous posters have said, keep your head down, work on your game & get yourself back into first grade off the back of good form! Enough f%cking whinging to the media & especially to that germ f*#k Weidler
Ennis said one spot on thing last night. Boys these days have a fkn sook and want out when told they aren't performing. Men put their head down, work on their game to prove the coach wrong.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the Raiders still have his contract under their cap. They kicked him out. He didn’t leave.

If it was as you said we wouldn’t be in anywhere near the problems we are in. All the players that have left us early in the last few seasons. have all done it voluntarily. Yet we have had seasons with over a million of our cap going to players that play for other clubs.

I agree it should be like that but it doesn’t matter who agrees to what. The NRL contract needs to be honoured by someone under the Salary Cap.

The only way it doesn’t count is when a player is medically retired.
Disagree mate. The rule nrl brought in was that players couldn't quit one club and then sign for another on more money. The reason we let so many go was other clubs wanted them once we helped out and chipped in. The players wanted to go because they werent wanted or saw more opportunity elsewhere.. Once a contract is signed the player or club can dig their heels in. But ultimately if a player wants to terminate the contract and the club agrees, then they are no longer on the cap for remaining years. No player does it though because its a massive risk and you can only sign for the same money for the remainder of your previously contracted period. Happy to be corrected with a reference to the rule you're referring to though.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This whole thing doesn’t really reflect that well on Tbaz in my opinion. He gave Kyle the keys to whole team knowing his mental fragility from what happened at the Roosters and didn’t change a thing after it was obviously not working a few weeks into the season.

I’m sure meetings like this are a pretty common occurrence this one just got leaked to the media. Flanagan’s confidence is shot to pieces so I can understand him wanting to find out where he stands after the Johnson stuff has surfaced.
Were they sorting out the term of his exit...Just asking !

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan has what it takes imo, he just needs to strip everything back on a personal level and rebuild himself. The club built the poor kid up and threw him under the bus, we are worse than the Roosters if we punt him.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Unfortunately I think you are right Spoon. The Board signed him and need to respond the strategy in buying someone with all this hype and only a few games in he is on the outer or so it seems. Happy to be corrected. I think same will be case with Allen

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you're in our future plans Kyle - to be an expensive Mounties player - until some other idiot "thinks" you're worth signing. You might have to wait until your Dad gets a coaching gig IF that ever happens. Oh that's right he f..ked up his last decent role too didn't he. Seems to run in the family.

I don't know how you ever got into first grade with the shit you're serving up at the moment. Here's an idea, try learning to play your best again whatever that is and then IF you prove to be as good as you actually think you are then you might get picked again for first grade or picked up by another team. Plenty of players showed a lot more promise than you in lower grades and never got a chance in first grade. Try having the guts to go to the line and cop a hit to set up a try instead of sitting back 5 metres behind the advantage line (remember the game is pretty safe touch footy style now). Try a running game if you have one, IF you have any pace that is because we sure haven't seen it. Try selling a dummy to the opposition - but again you have to run to do that.

Last edited:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never read too much into anything reported in the news. I doubt they know what happens behind closed doors.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say it’s a big signing what’s he on 300k fuck up though yes
Well I say big signing fuk up because TBaz had him as our half for the next decade yet he's maybe lasted a month or so?

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I understand what you’re saying but this all reflects on Flanagan .

He was given a chance and he hasn’t lived up to it . BaZ has his coaching future at stake and credit to him being able to identify a situation he got wrong early .
Last thing we want is another Hasler persevering with shit while we let talent go continuously .

I like Flanagan but he hasn’t done himself and favours , just stfu , train hard and prove you’re worth another chance

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I say big signing fuk up because TBaz had him as our half for the next decade yet he's maybe lasted a month or so?
It’s a dud signing.. Milford is an example of a big signing fuck up 1 mill a season