In the Dog house: Concerns grow for Addo-Carr’s future after brawl

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So basically shut up and play footy?
Yep, that's the way it is unfortunately. Not sure what part of recent history makes you think footy players, or any celebrities for that matter, are able to publicly state an opinion that goes against the main view.

Your or my thoughts about whether they should be able to is irrelevant, and a different argument.

Malla

Reaction score
No.. But there's a reason why most athletes don't go near political subjects like this.. Even if they have strong opinions about it. Because it's lose/lose and they often get attacked themselves for sharing an opinion. So it's probably not worth getting involved in when a topic like this is so sensitive.

Obviously Fox wants to express whatever views he has. But he has to be prepared for the backlash and consequences now.
So Cleary should not have did a video for Albo last week either?

Malla

Reaction score
Yep, that's the way it is unfortunately. Not sure what part of recent history makes you think footy players, or any celebrities for that matter, are able to publicly state an opinion that goes against the main view.

Your or my thoughts about whether they should be able to is irrelevant, and a different argument.
I’m glad you included all celebs. I agree with you. But I still think they should express themselves and if they have an opinion on said topic, voice is only if you all the information. It’s hard to voice an opinion in 2024 without people getting offended so ultimately you are right.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m glad you included all celebs. I agree with you. But I still think they should express themselves and if they have an opinion on said topic, voice is only if you all the information. It’s hard to voice an opinion in 2024 without people getting offended so ultimately you are right.
There have been multiple cases of celebs completely vilified, lost their jobs etc for publicly expressing their opinion as it goes against the narrative or "offends people". Folau was a perfect example.

It sucks and is absolute dog shit but unfortunately this is the world that has been shaped.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Cleary should not have did a video for Albo last week either?
If you can't see the difference between that and the Palestine/Israel conflict which has been going on for thousands of years and is one of the most bitter disputes in the history of mankind, then there's no point discussing it further.

If it was related to an Indigenous issue or something that was directly affecting his community in Australia, then it'd make a lot more sense and he'd be a lot more justified.

Fox can say what he wants but I don't know if he was prepared for the backlash he's getting. That's all I'm saying.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There have been multiple cases of celebs completely vilified, lost their jobs etc for publicly expressing their opinion as it goes against the narrative or "offends people". Folau was a perfect example.

It sucks and is absolute dog shit but unfortunately this is the world that has been shaped.
Exactly. That's all we're saying. Not that he's wrong or he shouldn't have an opinion. But I don't know why anyone would in this day and age of cancel culture when the minute you say something the majority don't agree with, they want to end your career and sponsors pull out etc. It's not worth it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how fox never had an opinion on the Ukraine war.
All the Palestine fans always complain about the west supporting Ukraine and it’s hypocrisy but they didn’t support Ukraine either so they as bad

Malla

Reaction score
If you can't see the difference between that and the Palestine/Israel conflict which has been going on for thousands of years and is one of the most bitter disputes in the history of mankind, then there's no point discussing it further.

If it was related to an Indigenous issue or something that was directly affecting his community in Australia, then it'd make a lot more sense and he'd be a lot more justified.

Fox can say what he wants but I don't know if he was prepared for the backlash he's getting. That's all I'm saying.
You need to learn more about this topic I think. Probably best to stay away from this until then.

Malla

Reaction score
All the Palestine fans always complain about the west supporting Ukraine and it’s hypocrisy but they didn’t support Ukraine either so they as bad
Nasheed we have been painted with the same brush
@Bulldogs09

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You need to learn more about this topic I think. Probably best to stay away from this until then.
Do you think Folau had any regrets about his tweets? He lost hundreds of thousands, maybe millions for expressing an opinion.

I doubt the same thing happens to Fox, but my point is there's too much to lose when getting involved in these issues in this day and age. I don't think Fox weighed all of that up before tweeting. And he'll probably have to walk it back and apologise when he receives more backlash. Which is why it's not worth it to get involved publicly in the first place. I don't know what you're arguing about..

Malla

Reaction score
Do you think Folau had any regrets about his tweets? He lost hundreds of thousands, maybe millions for expressing an opinion.

I doubt the same thing happens to Fox, but my point is there's too much to lose when getting involved in these issues in this day and age. I don't think Fox weighed all of that up before tweeting. And he'll probably have to walk it back and apologise when he receives more backlash. Which is why it's not worth it to get involved publicly in the first place. I don't know what you're arguing about..
Im referring to your commentary on the referendum and Palestine/Israel. Just take my word and move on. You don't know enough about it based on your replies above. I don't want you to say anything that will offend anyone. Just looking out for you bud.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've openly supported Russia you dumb fk ... stop baiting everyone and go back to your indian politics and then focusing on the grade of cow shit youre going to smeer over your self before you jump into the worlds dirtiest river and call it a clense.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im referring to your commentary on the referendum and Palestine/Israel. Just take my word and move on. You don't know enough about it based on your replies above. I don't want you to say anything that will offend anyone. Just looking out for you bud.
Where have I said anything that will offend anyone? I haven't taken a side on the issue with any of my comments. I haven't said that what Fox said was wrong.

The fact that he's since deleted the tweet proves my point right that he'd regret making a public comment about it because of social media backlash in this day and age.

Malla

Reaction score
Where have I said anything that will offend anyone? I haven't taken a side on the issue with any of my comments. I haven't said that what Fox said was wrong.
Just take my advice and move on.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to talk about the current conflict, go somewhere else. Stay on topic.

Anyone who is unable to control themselves will be thread banned.
Can you please provide guidance on how we can discuss this topic, considering now a core component of it is the current conflict?

EDIT - added 'now'

Last edited: