Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All the commentators can get fucked, only 2 people know what they are talking about, which are Sterlo and Lewis

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why were all the commentators hoping Manly would win? Why were they discussing how they could beat us throughout most of the commentary?

When Barba landed the ball back in the field of play, they did not seem eager to link the Manly try to that horrendous decision.

Manly were lucky to almost beat us given the ridiculous 50/50 calls and how many times we were penalised late in the tackle count and handing over the ball for multiple repeat sets - this situation was not normal yet a journalist could not even get their head out of their arse to notice and comment on it.

I'm pretty sure Ray Warren mentioned after that try to Reynolds .. that it was justice for that last try scored off the penalty against the dogs.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ray Warren isn't too bad, he usually has nice things to say about us, he loves bringing up our proud history and praising it.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
todays media seem intent on writing stories that are either scandalous towards a club or towards a group of fans, it wouldn't matter if this said club or its fans were the innocent ones the media are intent only reporting rubbish, facts or actual correct information doesn't seem to be needed when writing rubbish.

on a scale of imparity the bulldogs club or its fans will never be given a fair go or treated any different to how they are now.

where is the official nrl statement or press release saying the nrl are against this sort of crowd behaviour shown by the manly fans and will be asking the manly club to explain the security service and other safety issues from tonight's game........ the silence from the nrl speaks volumes on the different ways clubs and their fans are treated by media and by the nrl itself

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray Warren isn't too bad, he usually has nice things to say about us, he loves bringing up our proud history and praising it.
This^^

On the whole he is normally pretty neutral. Whilst he is starting to make more & more errors in his calls. He is still the best.

Ray Warren is 100% a Eels fan. He never shy's away from admitting it whenever the question comes up.

The fact people don't know this shows that he calls games as he see's it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This^^

On the whole he is normally pretty neutral. Whilst he is starting to make more & more errors in his calls. He is still the best.

Ray Warren is 100% a Eels fan. He never shy's away from admitting it whenever the question comes up.

The fact people don't know this shows that he calls games as he see's it.
He is getting older if people remember, age wares you out!

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why were all the commentators hoping Manly would win? Why were they discussing how they could beat us throughout most of the commentary?
I love watching Andrew Johns squirm when teams he has an involvement in lose. Despite us going into the sheds 12 up last night at half time, he spent the break talking up Foran and the try he set up. It was cringeworthy in my opinion.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty.... a commentator doesn't have to be neutral... he/she can/ is allowed to have favorites while commentating.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, I don't know who Ray Warren supports, but it really pis$ed me off to hear him yelling all that negative stuff about the Dogs in extra time. He just kept repeating "They're gone. They're gone"

Pretty hard to listen to that as a Bulldogs supporter and at such a tense stage of the game.

Given that he has been calling footy for years, Ray Warren should know it ain't over til it's over. Clearly the Dogs weren't gone - the scoreboard tells the story
I know where you coming from but my take on this was a little different. What he and Sterlo were referring to was that the team that scores last to even out the scores generally has momentum in the golden point and most of the time is the winner. And to be honest our forwards looked gone towards the end of the game, even I was very worried.

I believe he was calling it as it was but as a Bulldogs supporter I just don't want anyone else telling me that in the heat of the moment.. :D

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ray warrens calls have been getting slowly worse over the past couple of seasons, often now he get the players mixed up with each other. he does make some comments regarding teams that are best not aired on tv like the bulldogs are gone comments from the other night.
age and time is catching up with ray warren as it does everyone, but whats the other choice for a caller Rad Hadley no thanks

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ray warrens calls have been getting slowly worse over the past couple of seasons, often now he get the players mixed up with each other. he does make some comments regarding teams that are best not aired on tv like the bulldogs are gone comments from the other night.
age and time is catching up with ray warren as it does everyone, but whats the other choice for a caller Rad Hadley no thanks
Ray Warren will be there for as long as he is physically and mentally able. I wouldn't swap him for any other and he deserves to be there.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs were gone, after the back of 3 tries, we had no momentum, so I think it was a fair call. We just got lucky at the end with a stupid tackle and ill displine with the back chatting.

I generally don't have a problem with those kind of observations, because sometimes that kind of comentating makes the win even sweeter. Who wasn't fist pumping when hodko kicked the goal on the back of that commentating? If we had of won in regular time, the feeling would have been more of relief.

However, Gould's call when we played the sharks was laughable. I think he took a punt so he looked like he knew his shit on the chance the sharks made a comeback. He does that a lot, but most the time, the game runs in the opposite direction and he spends the last 5-10 minutes back tracking, praising the other team or putting the team he talked up during the call down (usually their attitute, etc) ... you know this vexes him, cos he generally will write an article about it the following day.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've noticed the commentators are biased to the team that they tipped to win. The amount of joy sterlo got when manly scored you would of thought they were parramatta. He tipped the dragons and manly to win so it was funny when they both lost

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Ray Warren is a Crushers supporter

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone gives Hadley shit but he is the only one who is completely unbiased.

N

Natboy

I turned the sound off they were that biased. Sterlo was a joke

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is loving it; we are perfectly situated and flying under the radar...winning by 18 in Manly would have stood out like a sore thumb(s down).

Status
Not open for further replies.