Images/Photos

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Mattahorn I would love to climb it but probably not fit enough
Visit the cemetery in Zermatt first, and check out the graves of the climbers who didn't survive the mountain.

People call the North Face of the Eiger the "Death Wall" because it has killed 64 climbers. The Eiger is nothing in comparison - the Matterhorn has killed over 500; some say as many as 700. I was there one time when they were removing another body off the mountain.

It is something you respect; an awesome thing to see.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Visit the cemetery in Zermatt first, and check out the graves of the climbers who didn't survive the mountain.

People call the North Face of the Eiger the "Death Wall" because it has killed 64 climbers. The Eiger is nothing in comparison - the Matterhorn has killed over 500; some say as many as 700. I was there one time when they were removing another body off the mountain.

It is something you respect; an awesome thing to see.
Annapurna I is the hardest of the 8000 meter climbs and one of the deadliest per attempts due to avalanches. Would love to just go to base camp one day to see it. The Matterhorn is amazing in person I have been fortunate enough to see it. The reason it has so many deaths is because it’s fairly accessible and seen as an “easier” yet challenging climb so you get tourist climbers training for two months and thinking it’s not that hard.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So like I said I love all the older pics they are amazing but I’m trying to bring a little more modern but still classic vibe so this one is very random but I have lived in Marrickville for a long time and call it home and if you haven’t you probably will be like what the fuck are even these pics but if you have you will know it’s the holy grail..

69BB4162-BBA9-490A-9549-4986E1C5D054.jpeg

2D496DFE-AF71-448D-9A75-EDA7833ED45E.jpeg

148AD64E-5510-45FF-A9CA-30994337CCA0.jpeg

621DEC73-D4B3-4047-AB42-2D43DD809662.jpeg

6DBBBF7F-53BD-49E1-B009-1CFE80A203E0.jpeg

I’d be interested so know if anyone can name any of these.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Annapurna I is the hardest of the 8000 meter climbs and one of the deadliest per attempts due to avalanches. Would love to just go to base camp one day to see it. The Matterhorn is amazing in person I have been fortunate enough to see it. The reason it has so many deaths is because it’s fairly accessible and seen as an “easier” yet challenging climb so you get tourist climbers training for two months and thinking it’s not that hard.
You can't tackle the Matterhorn without a guide these days; and the foot traffic up the mountain during the summer has choke points, with delays of hours. Most don't go right to the top because the higher reaches require pitons and ropes, with one section hanging off the backward leaning cliff face.

The cafe, half way up, does a roaring trade - it is supplied by Air Zermatt's helicopters.

Best to see the thing from the Gornergrat. It's a lovely run on the train up to the Gornergrat, with the chance of spotting Marmots and deer along the way, in the warmer months.