I'm ok with the loss now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about you?

It was a great last 4 weeks. Our boys pushed their bodies to the limit and we achieved so much more than most expected, particularly once we finished 7th.

This isn't a happy feelz thread... That's for when we win the GF but let's not be disappointed with the team, coaching staff and admin.

We beat Storm 3 times this season How many teams get to say that? We start next season with fantastic chance of going 1 better. All the other teams are weaker, where we are only going to be stronger. Our forward pack is young, tough and experienced. Our back line has value coming in.. Our (likely) new leader is a behemoth.

Special mention to Captain Mick. Gave his all even when he knew he was leaving. Looking forward to hating your guts next year and loving you once you retire.

See ya's in time for the 9's folks :p

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'Ll be ok with it when I know we've significantly enhanced our roster for next year as fact, rather than rumour.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fine until someone brings it up again tbh not even being an arsehole about it

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be happy when we win 1. 2 gf losses in 3 years will not be a good record if we cant win in the next 2 years. It has been 10 years.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This loss didn't hit me as hard as the 2012 loss. This year was similar to the year where we played the 3 or 4 100 min games in a row then had nothing left against Bronc's from memory in the GF. We did real well to get to the GF this year no doubt about it. 2012 we were flying high and to lose to the Storm and be suffocated in the GF was hard to take.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Yep I have moved on. Still change the Channel when Souths are on though... But there were some amazing efforts during the GF and we should all be proud of the boys for getting there. A GF week as a supporter is the best and I truly didn't think we would get anywhere near it. Onwards and upwards :grinning:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm the same a bit better now actually looking forward to some summer sport. I think the way south carried on with marches and parades helped as all my fellow footy mates just talk about what wankers they are and how over the top it all is.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am still devastated at attending two GF's in 3 years and losing both easily however I am thankful to the Bulldogs for giving me a really awesome lead up to both games.

This year especially, I attended every finals match (apart from Melbourne), decked my car out in blue and white and did laps of Burwood Rd like I was in a parade.

Everytime someone gives me shit about the Dogs losing, and they aren't a Souths fan, all I have to say is "remind me where your team finished again?" and that is the end of that. I'd rather be up there and lose, than not be up there at all.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm the same a bit better now actually looking forward to some summer sport. I think the way south carried on with marches and parades helped as all my fellow footy mates just talk about what wankers they are and how over the top it all is.
I'm with you. I still hurt to a degree, but I am looking towards next year.A lot of people are disturbed by the South's love in so they don't really mention much about us losing.I like watching some soccer so the A league and the Premier league will fill the time a little. English Super league GF this weekend too..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am still devastated at attending two GF's in 3 years and losing both easily however I am thankful to the Bulldogs for giving me a really awesome lead up to both games.

This year especially, I attended every finals match (apart from Melbourne), decked my car out in blue and white and did laps of Burwood Rd like I was in a parade.

Everytime someone gives me shit about the Dogs losing, and they aren't a Souths fan, all I have to say is "remind me where your team finished again?" and that is the end of that. I'd rather be up there and lose, than not be up there at all.
Nice Gareth. I too went to all the finals bar Melbourne and the GF and was more than happy to take in the excitement of the weeks leading up to the big one. It was like climbing a mountain but unfortunately we could just not reach the peak. We can be amongst the mix again next year I am sure and like you I use the " remind me " line as well.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've come around too to be honest. I realise that we're still not where I believe we need to be lineup-wise in some extremely key positions. On the other hand the Rabbitohs have been building nicely for 3 years now and have star players in key positions. Sadly it was just their time.

Don't get me wrong... I'm gutted with the loss. I think we'll go all the way either next year or the year after if we have the right players in the key positions (namely Fullback/Hooker) and learn our lessons from this season.

2013 really stuffed us around. We would have had a much better season if not for Barba's antics to be honest. Instead of building off 2012 with what I considered a better team on paper in 2013, we really went backwards.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Disappointed. The disappointment of a grand final loss is remedied by a grand final victory. Still waiting.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Souths won 3 finals (inc the GF) and we won 3 finals. We went well and above expectations. TBH i didnt expect to beat the Storm in Melbourne in a sudden death final. And then we did by 24 points! Then we beat Manly with a Hod field goal in extra time. We were only level at 0-0 with Penrith and never headed. We had a good finals series.

Souths had 43 years worth of motivation, everyone who was not a dogs supporter going for them, and a pretty awesome team. They also played 1 less final to get there.

We made 2 out of the last 3 GFs. If we keep making them, we are going to get lucky surely lol.

It would have hurt more if we lost to say Roosters or Manly in the GF. At least i can feel good for Souths to finally have a GF win after so long.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Probably passed you. I was doing laps around belmore in my decked out silver ford territory on thur and sat evenings until late in GF week.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you. I still hurt to a degree, but I am looking towards next year.A lot of people are disturbed by the South's love in so they don't really mention much about us losing.I like watching some soccer so the A league and the Premier league will fill the time a little. English Super league GF this weekend too..
I know talk about being under the radar it's like we didn't even play in a grand final will help Des out next year all focus on Souths going back to back haha. Yeah a bit of NFL goes ok too

Status
Not open for further replies.