Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I watch the footy with my brother. Everytime we get a penalty in good field position or if the opposition team makes a mistake and we get the ball back also in good filed position, he gets really excited.

I look at him and say "Why are you excited for, we're not going to capitalise on this." I just know that nothing happens anymore. Very sad state ATM.
Exactly my bro.... I used to try to guess who would score the majority of times we had the ball, haven't done that since 2012 sadly.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually went to games and wanted us to win when we got the spoon in 2008. Now, I just don’t care. The last two years has been dire.
Mate, I used to never miss a home game. Membership packs, every home game, and a lot of away games.
I used to follow them nearly everywhere. Kogarah, Penrith, Parra Stadium, Suncorp, Canberra...even trial games at woolongong. Then back to the leagues club for a few cold ones.

Over the last three years, I've only been to ONE game. Yes, only 1 game in three years, and only because I had to, it was an invite from a business associate regarding a project.
People may question my support for the club, but I love my dogs, I've been very faithfull since the 80's, but the torment the club has put us through over the last 10 years has taken a toll on me.
There's only so much someone can take! It just doesn't feel like it's the same club.

I understand we have a new board, Ceo, Coach etc and unlike many others I will give them time and I do have faith that the old bulldogs will return one day. Let's face it, the new administration has been left with a massive mess and they do deserve the time to fix it and I'm behind them 100%.

One of the BIGGEST dislikes I ever had over the last few years, apart from the way we played was the way Castle and Dib used to Patronize us the supporters.
Especially when Castle used to do that stupid time wasting blog with the boss thing. I kept thinking to myself, does she know that we can see straight through her bullshit. Bullshit answers, lies, no disclosure, treating us like little kids with her pre-fabricated one liners.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, I used to never miss a home game. Membership packs, every home game, and a lot of away games.
I used to follow them nearly everywhere. Kogarah, Penrith, Parra Stadium, Suncorp, Canberra...even trial games at woolongong. Then back to the leagues club for a few cold ones.

Over the last three years, I've only been to ONE game. Yes, only 1 game in three years, and only because I had to, it was an invite from a business associate regarding a project.
People may question my support for the club, but I love my dogs, I've been very faithfull since the 80's, but the torment the club has put us through over the last 10 years has taken a toll on me.
There's only so much someone can take! It just doesn't feel like it's the same club.

I understand we have a new board, Ceo, Coach etc and unlike many others I will give them time and I do have faith that the old bulldogs will return one day. Let's face it, the new administration has been left with a massive mess and they do deserve the time to fix it and I'm behind them 100%.

One of the BIGGEST dislikes I ever had over the last few years, apart from the way we played was the way Castle and Dib used to Patronize us the supporters.
Especially when Castle used to do that stupid time wasting blog with the boss thing. I kept thinking to myself, does she know that we can see straight through her bullshit. Bullshit answers, lies, no disclosure, treating us like little kids with her pre-fabricated one liners.
After the poor performances and crap "entertainment" at the games - things like making you kiss your neighbour and dancing dogs rubbish; I found the trip out, no protection from the weather in the "undercover" Platinum seating, the 40 minutes to get out of the parking lot, and giving away two home games more than I needed to put up with. I decided that I could sign up for Foxtel, and save $300 on what I was paying for membership; plus I get to see every Dogs games, and every other NRL game at home - with the added bonus that I could turn the TV off.

I took basic membership this year, with no reserved seating, just to feel part of the club, but my heart is not in it any more - and I've followed the Dogs since the early 1950s. They don't give back to the fans what they used to. It's a corporation now, not a team.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think I have ever seen or heard from such poor supporters of a club. All people do on here is whinge about what should be or used to be.
The past regime will haunt us for a few years yet. But the club is on the right track by shedding over priced under performing players.
We have commenced a rebuilding phase and it will take a few years to reach fruition.
The way forward is to employ youthful players who will develop into good first graders.
The only whinge I have is the lack of competent coaches in the lower grades.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look it was going to come to this eventually, shit house coaching, pathetic retention and recruitment and no junior development has set has back at least 3-5 years.

We are so used to winning and this is uncharted territory, but if there is anything to go by it's our tradition to turn things around.

We will get through this, we will be stronger and better, hang in there and hang tough.

There ain't no fucking team like the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think I have ever seen or heard from such poor supporters of a club. All people do on here is whinge about what should be or used to be.
The past regime will haunt us for a few years yet. But the club is on the right track by shedding over priced under performing players.
We have commenced a rebuilding phase and it will take a few years to reach fruition.
The way forward is to employ youthful players who will develop into good first graders.
The only whinge I have is the lack of competent coaches in the lower grades.
I think most are talking about what is; and that it is the same year after year. Every one of them is still hanging in as a supporter, and waiting for the team to succeed; but the game is different these days. Youth, speed and fitness is the key, and most sides have that in abundance. It is the team that is living the past, not the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.