Im confused now.... What will be our backline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta admint RTS, Jennings and Tupou are big additions to any backline.
I rate Sheck... his one of the best ive ever seen and his only had one season. Hoffman could probably do just as much damage, even barba would struggle.

Jennings... Speed no brains. If morris switchs to the right then Im sure he'll match him. lafai would too but I would rather him left centre.

Tupou... Tall but weak... reminds me of Halligan without the kicking part. Perrett has his hands full just like wolfman. Only solution attack the catcher not the ball. Time to put ur body on tha line Sammy P if u wanna retain ur spot.

In the end they are a good back line but our boys can easily match that.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me Jennings seems to only step up in big games like the Grand Final and State of Origin. Not saying that's a bad thing but he appears to lack consistency and only wants to play well when it suits him. He's obviously a great player but I think Morris can match him with ease.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me Jennings seems to only step up in big games like the Grand Final and State of Origin. Not saying that's a bad thing but he appears to lack consistency and only wants to play well when it suits him. He's obviously a great player but I think Morris can match him with ease.
Not really... SOO he fluked that one try and in the grand final manly's right hand defence was shocking. I can recall one of his tries there was nobody in front of him.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
To all those saying Inu will be dropped and is having issues with Des

LOL

Brown is actually in contention for a wing spot. Been really good and clicking well at training. Be interesting but dont expect Kris to be dropped. Diamonds year.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To all those saying Inu will be dropped and is having issues with Des

LOL

Brown is actually in contention for a wing spot. Been really good and clicking well at training. Be interesting but dont expect Kris to be dropped. Diamonds year.
Lets hope so he is definitely an x factor when firing but his discipline is something to question. Hope he has pulled up!

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Hoffman/Locke (One would imagine)
2. Inu
3. Lafai
4. Morris
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. T Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Graham
15. Jackson/Mataiu
16. Finucane
17. Klemmer/Burr/T Browne
On the money for sure - this is as close to what it could be at this point

A

Alexander the Great

Am i the only one that likes browne better then inu ? sure inu has more spark but he will consistently have up and down games , while browne was consistent and solid every single game, plus i hope we don't have perret and inu together again next season , that right side defense was horrid all season , i hope something has been done to fix it.

Im with you bro. He is super strong near the line and gets the job done.

Inu makes me nervous when he gets the ball a bit like Ben Roberts and his woeful hands.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Inu makes me nervous when he gets the ball a bit like Ben Roberts and his woeful hands.
I understand what u mean... Browne is solid in defence but then again its not hard defending next to one of if not the best defensive centre in Jmoz.

He derserves to retain his spot but if I see stumble with white line fever one more time or doesn't leap for the ball in defence His GONE!!

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Your all going to be shocked when Mitchy gets that wing spot. All eyes are on Kris attitude but Lafai is the one that needs to watch he's attitude. Krisnan has been great as has Sammy and the club let everyone know that every chance they get

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Inu is a total confidence player like most kiwis, incredible with confidence and basic errors with none.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still prefer Inu before Browne.
Both Inu and Brown have their strengths and weaknesses at the end of the day it who works best as a team player and I know who gets that nod from me.

N

Natboy

Despite what we say Des will already have 90% of the team made up in his mind
Training & trial form will make up the rest
I'm not trying to sound like captain obvious but I'm concerned little will change with the make up of our lineup. Hopefully their attitudes & commitment change though

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly ,how can people not see how bad brown is
Im wondering more how people see Brown as bad. I have seen a few ppl bag Brown but nobody says why. He will play FG next year.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im wondering more how people see Brown as bad. I have seen a few ppl bag Brown but nobody says why. He will play FG next year.
I thought Browne was off contract at the end of 2013. Has he re-signed?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He knocks on alot which quite often have led to tries ,he has very poor hands

Status
Not open for further replies.