Im confused now.... What will be our backline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now its more than likely Hoffman will be our fullback next yr.. Who misses out in our backline??

Current backs

Perrett
Inu
Lafai
Morris
Stanley
Browne
Cook
Templeman
Phillips

And now add Hoffman to that list....

What will our backline look like??

1. Hoffman
2. Stanley /Inu / Browne
3. Morris
4. Inu / Lafai / Stanley
5. Perrett / Phillips / Stanley

Houston W T F do we do now??

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Hoffman
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perett
For now. Unless someone shines in the NSW cup team.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Well you would assume Mitch Brown would get dropped, leaving Morris and Lafai in the centres...Inu and Perrett on the wing.

Trials and pre-season training will obviously make the difference, however hoping we don't see a repeat of the Knights game which saw Inu getting dropped. Inu is too talented to be camping in reserves.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What if Stanley shines?? His the only one I can see really breaking through but I wouldn't ride off Phillips either.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Competition between the backline will just bring out the best in every one of those players mentioned above. I'm sure Stanley and Lafai will be in direct competition so will Inu/Brown/Phillips. Let's not forget, if Hoffman fails, he could either go to the wing, or just get dropped. It's very good we have this option, as well as direct completion between Maitua and Burr. Des will tell them every day, whoever slacks off will get dropped, and whoever steps up will get a go!

I seriously expect C.Thompson, Burr, Phillips and Cook to step up.

Only if we had the same thing with our halves.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Competition between the backline will just bring out the best in every one of those players mentioned above. I'm sure Stanley and Lafai will be in direct competition so will Inu/Brown/Phillips. Let's not forget, if Hoffman fails, he could either go to the wing, or just get dropped. It's very good we have this option, as well as direct completion between Maitua and Burr. Des will tell them every day, whoever slacks off will get dropped, and whoever steps up will get a go!

I seriously expect C.Thompson, Burr, Phillips and Cook to step up.

Only if we had the same thing with our halves.
I think with Hodko and Ennis, the issue is they lack that bit of speed and creativity...especially in terms of organising/positioning your players on where you want them to be. You see players like DCE, Thurston, Smith and Cronk do this constantly. I still think we are a top 5 side, but challenging for the competition may be a different story all together. To be a creative player, you don't necessarily need to be fast in terms of speed, but tactical and very clever on the field...so if that's the case I am confident Des has got something up his sleeve for Hodko and Ennis to try.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like Inu is out of favour with Hasler, too early to say but expect Lafai to get more games.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I think Inu will be the one dropped. Had some top games as a Bulldog (more so 2012), but his inconsistency was an issue.
I think Brown will keep his spot, although we have let wingers who score a few tries go. (Wright and Goodwin over the past 4 years).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Now its more than likely Hoffman will be our fullback next yr.. Who misses out in our backline??

Current backs

Perrett
Inu
Lafai
Morris
Stanley
Browne
Cook
Templeman
Phillips

And now add Hoffman to that list....

What will our backline look like??

1. Hoffman
2. Stanley /Inu / Browne
3. Morris
4. Inu / Lafai / Stanley
5. Perrett / Phillips / Stanley

Houston W T F do we do now??
What makes you think we are any more chance of getting Hoffman now than a few months ago when Broncos said they wont releasse him under any circumstances? Thread may be very premature at best, and irrelevant is likely.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really doubt Inu will get dropped.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really doubt Inu will get dropped.
i'd like to see hoff/phillips/inu/morris/lafai, just for one game, just to see what happens...thats if the hoff is here of course.

soaibdiwan1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mitch brown and tim brown to nsw cup for sure
Inu will replace halatau on the bench which will give these players enough reason to leave the bulldogs after 2014 or keep playing in nsw cup

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What makes you think we are any more chance of getting Hoffman now than a few months ago when Broncos said they wont releasse him under any circumstances? Thread may be very premature at best, and irrelevant is likely.
Premature yes.. Highly likely also yes... =)

Regardless its a good showing of what everybody hasn't really noticed. We have great backline depth with able players which will definitely fight it out. Something we really needed in the backs considering we only had one backup player last yr.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Premature yes.. Highly likely also yes... =)

Regardless its a good showing of what everybody hasn't really noticed. We have great backline depth with able players which will definitely fight it out. Something we really needed in the backs considering we only had one backup player last yr.
Always nice to have some sugar on top. Fingers crossed.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Top squad if we get Hoffman.

01. Josh Hoffman
02. Sam Perrett
03. Tim Lafai
04. Josh Morris
05. Krisnan Inu
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Josh Jackson
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Reni Maitua
15. Tony Williams
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Dale Finucane

18. Patrick Templeman
19. Drury Low
20. Tyrone Phillips
21. Kayne Brennan
22. Jon Sila
23. Mitch Brown
24. Chase Stanley
25. Jaline Graham
26. Damien Cook
27. David Klemmer
28. Tim Browne
29. Lloyd Perrett
30. Lachlan Burr
31. Pat O'Hanlon
32. David Minute
33. Harlan Alaalatoa

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the words out.................. BULLDOGS OUT TO DOMINATE COMPETITION IN ALL AREAS.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inu is a born and bred winger. Could make a sick fullback if he could have some consistency.

Mitch Brown, was growing to like him but after that shit with the Uate in the grandfinal, I'm off him and off him forever.

The best backline has to be Fullback(hoffman hopefully), inu, perrett, mozza and lafai.

ohhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what the best part is, I see no egos?? except Lafai but his cool.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry for the corny analogy, but its like a pallet of colours ready to be mixed into that right shade of blue and white.

Des is white. He's like one of those colours that you dont mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.