I'm cheering for Kris Keating anyway so nerrrr ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no bigger KK critic than I, believe me when i say this but like a few mentioned before that game against Parra last year is forever engrained in my mind. He showed what he can truly offer when on song. I believe he has no choice but to literally play out his ringhole. FIRE UP YOU BLOODNUT!!!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];2501415 said:
I never really quite got the bashings that Keating has copped on here. Fair enough he isn't an outstanding player, but he was always better than Roberts in my opinion. I am sure he will get the job done as per Des's instructions
Completely agree. He's no star, but the bile on here towards him is a little harsh. He did look extremely limited in the passing game, especially during the mid-season last year where the whole team's structure seemed to disintegrate, but the guy's defensively solid and a keen support player. He's not going to carry teams single-handedly to premierships, but it doesn't mean he's a complete liability.

I'm sure the "ex-Parra and ginger" has been a factor.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If he gets our deadly left hand edge early ball Ill be happy

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose, regardless of what he does in the game he will be the scapegoat on here.

If theres any team to make you look good at the moment its the titans, so theres no excuses.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was not a red head there would 22% less **** put on him.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know in the eyes of some there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary, but I reckon we should ALL throw our pre-conceived ideas about him out the window.

I mean ... don't we "want" him to do well for the benefit of the team ?

Isn't it in our interests that we cheer him along and wish a good game upon him, instead of counting the number of ways it could all go wrong ?

Sitting here death-riding him to failure just doesn't seem right to me.
It's not the Bulldogs way is it ?

You've got two choices : You can sit here all week and fear the worst, and you may very well be right, but it'll be hollow especially if we lose. There's NO satisfaction in being right when we lose is there ??? And goodness knows no-one here wants to hear you brag about it !

OR ... you can get on the positivity boat, and sail into next week full of optimism that we will prevail because Kris Keating will come good with a 2nd chance at redemption. - If we're right, we win the game, come home with two points and a big ol' pile of fears will vanish. If we're wrong, at least we didn't spend our week wasting unnecessary energy, locked in the doldrums of doom, only to emerge with a double dose of fear for the future.

Either way .. positivity boat wins.

Maybe he'll come out this weekend and kill it ? Maybe he'll score a double ? Maybe he'll set up 3 tries ? Maybe he'll be responsible for the try assist that seals the win ? Maybe he'll score one himself with a chip over the top and a shimmy, shimmy, whoosh ?

I got a hunch he's gonna pull tricks out of his @ss that'll make us think he's "Shifty V2.0" !!!

F*ck all you prejudiced ginger haters ... I hope he goes well.
Amirite ???

MATE!

bloody oath you are rite!!!!
and so should every dog supporter, get behind any Player with a dog jersey on!.. unless its Ennis. lol jokes.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];2501415 said:
I never really quite got the bashings that Keating has copped on here. Fair enough he isn't an outstanding player, but he was always better than Roberts in my opinion. I am sure he will get the job done as per Des's instructions
Don't even start

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate Kris Keating with a passion and the way he plays, unfortunately he has been chosen and we cant do anything but to hope he lifts for the next5-6 weeks.
But in Saying that, i think Des will have KK take a back seat and let Reynolds do all the work, same as the first 4 rounds. If you look closely, Reynolds has been the main man in the first 4 weeks, with Hodkinson playing the supporting role. Reynolds has been doin the majority of kicking and setting up plays. And u will see this weekend nothing will change, hence why Keating ieynolds stays at 5/8. That way Reynolds is still the link to Morris and goodwin. As long as our forwards get on top of the titans and can hold the ball and have a better completion rate, i cant see the Titans winning, but at the same time i cant see us piling on the points either..

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I got a feeling he will shut us all up by winning us the game LOL

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be cheering with interest to see how KK performs in the new regime. The forwards hold the key but the line will have to be faster up in defence and put more oomph in the tackles than last week. If that happens the backs including KK will have the space necessary to razzle dazzle.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You would think that Des would be working even harder on him all week trying to prepare him

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he goes well too otherwise we might follow last years scenario !

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Should of just got Noddy out of retirement on a $1 contract... what could've been playing under Des. :p

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck Kris. Attitude is half the game and he has plenty of ticker. Kill em dead Redson.

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im hoping young Kris has a good go...like him or not, hell be our half so im hoping he
can string 4-6 games together that are great and will help us get wins..
good luck to him, hope he kills it

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
guess the kid is our only option at this stage....not a fan of his at all but yeah gotta hope he can put some good performances together

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Game versus st George at SFS. Stupid pass and Boyd runs 80 to score.

It's that sort of stuff that worries me. That and kicking to players on full.

Let's hope Des has it all under control.

C

chipandchase

Game versus st George at SFS. Stupid pass and Boyd runs 80 to score.

It's that sort of stuff that worries me. That and kicking to players on full.

Let's hope Des has it all under control.
Well u are a hodkinson lover what about his kicks out on the full and the kicks straight down there throat?
Honestly are you going to give kk the same excuses as hodkinson
I doubt it, and you say I am biased
The way the whole Kennal has treated Keating is a disgrace

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well u are a hodkinson lover what about his kicks out on the full and the kicks straight down there throat?
Honestly are you going to give kk the same excuses as hodkinson
I doubt it, and you say I am biased
You are biased, Hodkinson hater

The way the whole Kennal has treated Keating is a disgrace
You dont like the kennel then f**k off!

Status
Not open for further replies.