News I'm all in': Barrett won't back out of Bulldogs deal

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Neat, no ice.

Back in the early 1970s, I went into a small West Highland pub and ordered a scotch and dry - the place went silent; then a huge fist slammed down on the counter and a heavy, gravelly voice said " Yer dinna put anythin' in yer Whusky, but Whusky!" I've had it neat ever since.

The CX Cask is my favourite, but I can only afford that duty free; and I haven't hosted any overseas tours for a year now. Alberto, the barman in the Zurich hotel I stay at, serves it to me with a glass of water and small pieces of 80-90% dark chocolate. The chocolate is to melt on your tongue, then the water to rinse the chocolate from your mouth - now your taste buds are ready to appreciate the whisky.
Nice insights... I generally drink mine on the rocks with. some cashews or pistachios. I usually drink a bit faster when watching dogs games of late...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Neat, no ice.

Back in the early 1970s, I went into a small West Highland pub and ordered a scotch and dry - the place went silent; then a huge fist slammed down on the counter and a heavy, gravelly voice said " Yer dinna put anythin' in yer Whusky, but Whusky!" I've had it neat ever since.

The CX Cask is my favourite, but I can only afford that duty free; and I haven't hosted any overseas tours for a year now. Alberto, the barman in the Zurich hotel I stay at, serves it to me with a glass of water and small pieces of 80-90% dark chocolate. The chocolate is to melt on your tongue, then the water to rinse the chocolate from your mouth - now your taste buds are ready to appreciate the whisky.
Arrgh the finer things in life lol :grinning:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You really need to stop playing that tune.... Dean pay was not successful because he's not a coach.. simple
That post is simply not true. He had zero support from the board who interfered in almost everything he did.
His coaching record with quality teams is very good. He won two under 20 State of Origins.
He has worked with the best in the business as an assistant. I was a shame he had to assume a second rate team.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That post is simply not true. He had zero support from the board who interfered in almost everything he did.
His coaching record with quality teams is very good. He won two under 20 State of Origins.
He has worked with the best in the business as an assistant. I was a shame he had to assume a second rate team.
ur insane lol, do u not remember the pain he brought us by his team selection ALONE ?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whack

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ur insane lol, do u not remember the pain he brought us by his team selection ALONE ?
You question his selections. Do you accept that those tried, failed miserably and had to be replaced? And good replacements were simply not there to use.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You question his selections. Do you accept that those tried, failed miserably and had to be replaced? And good replacements were simply not there to use.
The team has performed quite well in patches over the past few years.. every time good combinations were established, pay just showed how clueless he was by going in another direction..

As far as I'm concerned if a team can show form at the end of a season 2 years in a row, then it's on the coach for not getting them performing consistently through the entire season..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay was replaced by the GOAT coach. What has he achieved with this rabble?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me Gus has always been a Bulldog....if anything it was the Dogs that did the dirty on Gus!!! The day Gus returned home to Belmore is the day all was right again on the Bulldogs horizon. The rugby league Gods were appeased, old fences were mended and our club took its first step toward being great again.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol everyone chatting shit about Gus yet now they worship him :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Indeed i fknLOL at the way people turn its "special"
There are valid reasons footy fans are classed as feral :grinning:
I've never potted Gus I was one of maybe a few suggesting he would be good for us, iirc it went down like a lead balloon.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Indeed i fknLOL at the way people turn its "special"
There are valid reasons footy fans are classed as feral :grinning:
I've never potted Gus I was one of maybe a few suggesting he would be good for us, iirc it went down like a lead balloon.
Lol the thread wore well :grinning:

Been saying for several years, on here and other Dogs sites, that Gus was the ONLY hope we had of re-building as he was the ONLY league aficionado available with the biggest ego and reputation with Bulldog knowledge and Bulldog cred to be effective in deconstructing all the various factions and forces working against our success to pave the way to harnessing all these factions into working with single purpose for the good of the club.

Success should drive out the troublemakers and make negatives irrelevant.

Last edited: