If ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushwhaked

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stopping a penalty is easy, just dont give away a silly penalty in the play the ball

In order to stop tries, your better off being 1 metre from there line then recieving a kick off 1 metre from your line
I don't know about either of those situations. A hold down or hand on the ball when you are retreating in defense under pressure = pretty easy to do.

Us with the ball in our own 20, with 6 tackles and a good kick should put them back inside their 20 - biggest difference is time off the clock.

[And I am too slow to be switch-hitting between threads]

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I don't know about either of those situations. A hold down or hand on the ball when you are retreating in defense under pressure = pretty easy to do.

Us with the ball in our own 20, with 6 tackles and a good kick should put them back inside their 20 - biggest difference is time off the clock.

[And I am too slow to be switch-hitting between threads]
yeah look, there is no correct answer I suppose

IMO the best odds for a victory where with the tap

But what you said is valid as well, I accept it, I just think its less likely, percantage wise then what Im saying

Buts its all gravy in the end, and we lost, lets focus on next week.

Anastabation

Reaction score
I was spewing up when I realised they were taking the 2. I don't know why we insist on always taking the 2 points. I don't agree with it. In a game where we see roughly 8 tries a game, and with goal kickers all around 80% putting the pressure on the opposition when up by 2 is surely a better option. I don't believe we would have lost the game had they taken the tap.

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
Could have taken the tap, let sonny take a hit up and break his ankle. Or mason to get dumped and have a career ending neck injury.

Life goes either way.

You kicked for 2 got it then lost the game. Don't dwell on that sh*t. Dogs are a good side, just a misinformed coach tbh...

Bushwhaked

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah look, there is no correct answer I suppose

IMO the best odds for a victory where with the tap

But what you said is valid as well, I accept it, I just think its less likely, percantage wise then what Im saying

Buts its all gravy in the end, and we lost, lets focus on next week.
For sure, both options have their merits, and I can understand your reasons for wanting a tap.

Lets hope we put 40+ on next week so it's not an issue :p

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
just a misinformed coach tbh...
Well his probably the second highest winning percentage coach, as well as the second longest running coach atm

Premiership winning coach, mulitple time Semi Final Coach

Not to bad IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.