If you could pick a ‘Bulldogs’ goal kicker from any era to kick a winning goal - who would you choose?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Will always be magic for mine, The footy show episode where the boys blindfolded him and then swapped the footy for a soccer ball as he ran in to take the kick and it went straight over the black dot blew my mind.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazem.

I remember swapping from Halligan to Haz and being very relieved that we weren't getting a downgrade. End of the day I loved Halligans ability to stretch those gadget arms out from the 20m line to score (might be slightly exaggerating). But if it came down to having to have a kicker on that alone or who's the better winger, I'd have Haz in the side. There's not much seperating them as kickers IMO. But I think Halligan would be a bit pedestrian for a winger these days although he's probably closer to the typical winger build now.

Hopefully whoever out of Burton or Crichton gets the nod (assume they're the main candidates) goes on to win us as many games as those two with kicks.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Overall I would still pick Halligan, but any one of these 3 would be my choice. What about you guys, who would be your 3 and why, and overall who would you pick?

1. Daryl Halligan - hardly ever missed.
2. Hazem El Masri - hardly ever missed and was coached to kick from Halligan.
3. Ross Conlon - was reliable from anywhere on the field.
Halligan or El Masri, I couldn't split them. Both accurate and reliable under pressure. They turned 4 into 6 most of the time.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honorable mention for Rhys Martin who was very underrated as he played in weaker teams. Almost took the record for successive goals would you believe!
Didn't he a miss a key conversion at the end against the Storm a few years back? I'd like to say 2019?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
El Magic without a doubt for me.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best I’ve seen el Masri
Then chook
Ross conlon
Lamb
Gearin
Mosely

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elmasri he was so composed the kick whilst blowing a gale at sharts Park, for win against knights with entire stadium of Newcackle fans booing him, and kicking goals blindfolded on the footy show with Gus, from memory. Great bloke too.
Agree el Masri!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
98’ finals series - Halligan always, Haz very close second