• Sydney Bulldoggs

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Canterbury Bankstown roosters

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's concerning, NRL clubs and especially Bulldogs earn differently to European and AFL clubs, they really are propped up by the Leagues clubs and NRL money.
It's a worry but somehow south's we're able to do it. So anything is possible.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its just a hypothetical, if it was a pot stir Id be saying 'we should merge'.
But lifes too small to troll internet forums.
Merging is a very controversial issue, our club fought tooth and nail to stay independent,
Mentioning merging is enough to sent TK clickbait crazy.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been on the kennel since the days of Jimmy the Greek and this topic has appeared at least 20 different times over all these years.

It's a forum not real life. Just block him and you will be ok mate.
I don’t care if you’ve been on TK since the 1930’s .. I don’t care how many times disgraceful talk of a merge has been regurgitated ,,, anyone hypothetically or positively discussing which clubs we should merge with is a F***in disgrace … and anyone involved in this type of talk needs to take the train and F*** of & support the club they think we’d best merge with ....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Relocation is always on the cards, hate to say it but that is a possibility if it aint the Bears or some other Sydney club. Perth Bulldogs for example or South Island Canterbury Bulldogs (NZ), where they'd play Sydney games and couple Belmore games.
The Bulldogs need to grow quicker than the NRL, there's going to be a time when the pokies aren't enough or restricted and the TV deal just about covers salary cap. It's part of the reasoning why Bulldogs need to jump at the chance to deal with Canterbury Leagues , relevant governments, and other local clubs like Bankstown Sports maybe for a stadium. A stadium that Bulldogs control, operate.
Why can’t we just buy out a block next to belmore and build a multi storey carpark next to it ? Isn’t that more cheaper and true to history ?

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On another point, Sydney Roosters shouldn't be allowed to own the Sydney name it should go back to Eastern Suburbs, or I'd love the Bulldogs to have the Sydney name again, Sydney Bulldogs.
It's abit like the Rugby in Rugby Union where most people wouldn't even know Rugby League because Union's pretty much absorbed the Rugby name.

People new to NRL and I've seen this couple times now, initially think that the main Sydney team are the Roosters (this doesn't apply to South Sydney, as the South part brings questions to a persons mind before assuming they're the "dominant" Sydney team). It's a small thing that bugs me

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t care if you’ve been on TK since the 1930’s .. I don’t care how many times disgraceful talk of a merge has been regurgitated ,,, anyone hypothetically or positively discussing which clubs we should merge with is a F***in disgrace … and anyone involved in this type of talk needs to take the train and F*** of & support the club club they think we’d best merge with ....
It’s just football Uleh
Also western Europe once fought a crusade war to keep Muslims out and now they are handed the keys, so things once fought with passion can change.
We can already see how it’ll happen with our club. We aren’t big from fans, juniors, etc.
It’s pokie money which the government is stopping.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why can’t we just buy out a block next to belmore and build a multi storey carpark next to it ? Isn’t that more cheaper and true to history ?
It's a good point, cost saving, 'true to history'. Same as, staying at Homebush until something comes along or just stay renting Stadium Australia. Belmore is restricted, good to have for heritage rounds and benefit from a nearby location, eg Homebush.
But Olympic Park (while convenient for me and most people and great facilities) isn't season regular games spec, Bulldogs are one of the bigger teams in Sydney and Stadium Australia still makes Bulldogs look like a small club, sharing stadiums, lacking a foothold and identity in Sydney, Bulldogs can't even profit from the stadium or have exhibition matches, promote themselves when having other sports play at their stadium. Deep down Bulldogs don't gain much from Stadium Australia, they lose a lot, it's just a cost saving practise there, something a small club would do.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yuk, it makes me sick to my stomach of ever such a thing happening I would never watch ever.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s just football Uleh
Also western Europe once fought a crusade war to keep Muslims out and now they are handed the keys, so things once fought with passion can change.
We can already see how it’ll happen with our club. We aren’t big from fans, juniors, etc.
It’s pokie money which the government is stopping.
You are so very naive to the world ,, enjoy it while you can … because one day growing up is going to slap you in the face … and you’re going to say oh, that’s what they meant … float while you can ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
On another point, Sydney Roosters shouldn't be allowed to own the Sydney name it should go back to Eastern Suburbs, or I'd love the Bulldogs to have the Sydney name again, Sydney Bulldogs.
It's abit like the Rugby in Rugby Union where most people wouldn't even know Rugby League because Union's pretty much absorbed the Rugby name.

People new to NRL and I've seen this couple times now, initially think that the main Sydney team are the Roosters (this doesn't apply to South Sydney, as the South part brings questions to a persons mind before assuming they're the "dominant" Sydney team). It's a small thing that bugs me
I agree.
In the nrl all teams should be affiliated with a region. The tribalism is the strength of this game both here and in England.
I could cop Sydney city…. Just.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.
In the nrl all teams should be affiliated with a region. The tribalism is the strength of this game both here and in England.
I could cop Sydney city…. Just.
Roosters are not really sydney city though. I'd say Souths fall more into Sydney City.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would never be a merger....it would be a full blown take over by the Dogs. These other clubs couldn't even tie our shoelaces or lick our jock straps :grinning: With all the constant negative media attacks, the bias shown by the NRL and internal fighting that has happened over the years our club is still standing strong. All these other clubs would have folded under the same pressure. Let's not forget South Sydney already owes their NRL existance to us. Without our backing they would be nothing more than a distant memory.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop bringing Bullflog into it as a revered human.
His legacy is what screwed this club.
I wouldn’t disrespect a dead man but if he was living and didn’t intervene in the monster he created I’d spit in front of him like hos Tupac did to Suge Knight.
At the time of Bullfrog Moores passing, he had nineteen grandchildren. He died in 2000, aged 68 after a long battle with throat cancer, he was Chief Executive of our beloved Bulldogs club from 1969 to 1995, serving a record 26 years at the helm.

From the 1970s, during Bullfrogs reign, Canterbury-Bankstown became known as the "family club". Bullfrog's son Kevin, played for the club, as did his nephews, brothers Garry, Mark and Graeme Hughes. Later, Garry Hughes' sons Glen, Steven and Corey would also play for the Bulldogs, while long-serving Bulldogs representative players Chris Anderson and Steve Folkes married his daughters. During the same period, brothers Steve, Chris and Peter Mortimer also had long and successful careers playing for Canterbury.

Anderson, Folkes and Kevin Moore would also go on to coach the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, with Anderson (1995) and Folkes (2004) coaching the club to premierships

From 1969 under his reign .. we won premierships .. 1980, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1995,
Runners-up, 1974, 1979, 1986, 1994, 1998,)
Minor premiership 1984, 1993, 1994, )

The National Rugby League decided that the Dally M Rookie of the Year award would be named in his honour …

Forgive me if I have any stats wrong, this kid trashing his name leaves me livid ..

Trash his name or think your better, what legacy will you leave behind Nasheed ?

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You are so very naive to the world ,, enjoy it while you can … because one day growing up is going to slap you in the face … and you’re going to say oh, that’s what they meant … float while you can ..
My point is this is just a talkign point.
But if you want to get into realism, then there might be a crunch time in 5 years wen the economy dips, and pokies are no longer (the fact that this is happening is just that. Not a theory but An actual FACT).
This may erode our finances and we go semi hust and we merge.
This is just life. It’s just a game and the bulldogs are an artificial football club.

If the day comes, I tell you what Will happen.
Youlll be outraged at first, then cranky for a few months.
Then the new merged club will go on the PR train and people from both sides will be drawn to it. Prowl heee hall and you’ll soften and eventually after 6 months heed the call and start supportin the new Cronulla Dogs venture the way you do the current dogs.

Worst case, you might find yourself drawn to Tommy Turbi and think he is a good player and naturally feel drawn towards Manly and be a Manky supporter manky as en example) or co supporter. And you’ll be ok. Ten years time you’ll be saying things like ‘remember the old dogs club’ the way teams talk about Newton jets.

you’ll be ok. You’ll adapt.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
At the time of Bullfrog Moores passing, he had nineteen grandchildren. He died in 2000, aged 68 after a long battle with throat cancer, he was Chief Executive of our beloved Bulldogs club from 1969 to 1995, serving a record 26 years at the helm.

From the 1970s, during Bullfrogs reign, Canterbury-Bankstown became known as the "family club". Bullfrog's son Kevin, played for the club, as did his nephews, brothers Garry, Mark and Graeme Hughes. Later, Garry Hughes' sons Glen, Steven and Corey would also play for the Bulldogs, while long-serving Bulldogs representative players Chris Anderson and Steve Folkes married his daughters. During the same period, brothers Steve, Chris and Peter Mortimer also had long and successful careers playing for Canterbury.

Anderson, Folkes and Kevin Moore would also go on to coach the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, with Anderson (1995) and Folkes (2004) coaching the club to premierships

The National Rugby League decided that the Dally M Rookie of the Year award would be named in his honour …

Trash his name or think your better, what legacy will you leave behind Nasheed ?
That’s a polite way of saying all their daughters hooked up with the players and became related Then after Bulldlop died left the club as a plaything for his kids to plunder and ruin before the community had enough.
I will give him credit in the sense he has business acumen but his agenda was to nepotism and set up the club as his family’s piggy bank.
Thsi is why when the Lebanese administration took over they purged all the Anderson’s and Moores.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is this is just a talkign point.
But if you want to get into realism, then there might be a crunch time in 5 years wen the economy dips, and pokies are no longer (the fact that this is happening is just that. Not a theory but An actual FACT).
This may erode our finances and we go semi hust and we merge.
This is just life. It’s just a game and the bulldogs are an artificial football club.

If the day comes, I tell you what Will happen.
Youlll be outraged at first, then cranky for a few months.
Then the new merged club will go on the PR train and people from both sides will be drawn to it. Prowl heee hall and you’ll soften and eventually after 6 months heed the call and start supportin the new Cronulla Dogs venture the way you do the current dogs.

Worst case, you might find yourself drawn to Tommy Turbi and think he is a good player and naturally feel drawn towards Manly and be a Manky supporter manky as en example) or co supporter. And you’ll be ok. Ten years time you’ll be saying things like ‘remember the old dogs club’ the way teams talk about Newton jets.

you’ll be ok. You’ll adapt.
Nope if the club merged I'll stop watching the game. I'm loyal just ask my x wife.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As for my legacy @1967 my name was spoken on this site an average of once a day when I was banned.
I have taken over what people thought Bullflop was.
Nasheed is the heart and soul of this club.
Bullflop started it but I’m the one continuing it. My name is part and parcel of the doggs.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for my legacy @1967 my name was spoken on this site an average of once a day when I was banned.
I have taken over what people thought Bullflop was.
Nasheed is the heart and soul of this club.
Bullflop started it but I’m the one continuing it. My name is part and parcel of the doggs.
Screenshot_20230312_215859_Gallery.jpg