If The Players Finally Pull Their Fingers Out......

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As nearly every group of players does once there is a coaching change in any sport in any competition anywhere in the world, well then wouldn't that be the ultimate slap in the face to the fans and just show how we have the wrong culture and set of players at our club for allowing things to get so bad in the first place?

As stupid as this sounds, it'd almost be a better sign for the club if the performances were similar to what they have been for a few weeks. Because there is no way on earth Dymock's coaching could have any impact in less than a week. So should we win this week and start a winning streak from this point, then that'd be even more concerning for me. It'd just confirm my suspicions that we have a group of players who are like too many pro athletes everywhere else. They just coast week in week out just to get a pay check and don't actually take any pride in their own performance and effort or take losing seriously enough.

And I don't think I'm alone in thinking we have quite a few of those players at this club. So, again as stupid as this sounds, I'd take it as even more of an insult and be even more angered if we all of a sudden started realising our potential and playing brilliantly, because then we'd know for sure the players have just been taking the piss.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dymock wont have an effect this week, 1 day changes nothing.
No, I agree. What I'm saying is that if the players do what has happened a million times before and start performing because now they're the only ones on notice and there is no scapegoat like Moore to blame, then surely that's the biggest slap in the face to a fan base you could ever imagine?

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I agree. What I'm saying is that if the players do what has happened a million times before and start performing because now they're the only ones on notice and there is no scapegoat like Moore to blame, then surely that's the biggest slap in the face to a fan base you could ever imagine?
i dont think it would be that big a slap in the face, everyone works better when there motivated.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The question would then have to be asked
"Why weren't the players responding to KMoore?"

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The point is, the players shouldn't need to be motivated by the coach or demotivated by not being happy or getting on with the coach.

Any player worth their salt will take pride in their own personal performance each game and absolutely despise losing.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The point is, the players shouldn't need to be motivated by the coach or demotivated by not being happy or getting on with the coach.

Any player worth their salt will take pride in their own personal performance each game and absolutely despise losing.
Are you serious? Of course a coach has an effect on confidence and motivation.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coaches are there to identify what an individual player and the team needs to do either to correct a problem or to improve performance further. This requires a coach to have the ability to:
(1) identify what is the cause of the gap between the current performance and the desired performance; and
(2) know what needs to be done to fix it; and the better coaches can also
(3) communicate it to the individual or team so that they can recognise and correct things themselves in future when competing
Evaluate any coach's ability by this criteria. A good coach can get the best performance possible out of a player and a team and always they continue to improve. Is the dogs performances this season the best they can do and has their performance been steadily improving since Tadpole took the reins three seasons ago?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
NRL has shown over and over again that when a coach goes, the team no matter how crap they have been playing win the next game. What are we paying v the Warriors? Get cash on!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
of course coaches are there to motivate.
Are you serious? Of course a coach has an effect on confidence and motivation.
Of course they can give the players extra motivation. My point is players shouldn't need motivation from anyone else but themselves to be mentally prepared for a game. If you need someone to motivate you to try hard, dig deep or care about losing then you shouldn't be playing professional sport. Unless you're taking the piss. And if all of a sudden the players try their hardest, dig deep and care about losing when they didn't before, then that is proof positive they themselves have been taking the piss this whole time.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your point is not valid. The very best sportsman, individual or teams, have coaches. Because humans are not machines and need to be motivated to achieve their best. Some require intrinsic motivation, others extrinsic.

The best coaches like Bennett & Gibson knew this and were able to connect with their players to get the best from each one.

Likewise a coach can also have a demotivating effect on his players and team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your point is not valid. The very best sportsman, individual or teams, have coaches. Because humans are not machines and need to be motivated to achieve their best. Some require intrinsic motivation, others extrinsic.

The best coaches like Bennett & Gibson knew this and were able to connect with their players to get the best from each one.

Likewise a coach can also have a demotivating effect on his players and team.
So if a player is lazy, has a poor attitude, doesn't try, doesn't care about losing and so on, it's the coaches fault because they didn't motivate them? The player has virtually no responsibility? Give me a break. Sometimes I think quite a few people on this forum have never even played sport before.

You're trying to say that players need to be motivated to play by the coach. That is absurd to say the least. These aren't a bunch of minimum wage janitors who have to clean up a heap of sh*t for crying out loud. Either you compete or you don't. It's quite simple. You don't need a coach to tell you to compete.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if a player is lazy, has a poor attitude, doesn't try, doesn't care about losing and so on, it's the coaches fault because they didn't motivate them? The player has virtually no responsibility? Give me a break. Sometimes I think quite a few people on this forum have never played sport before.
Don't be so harsh on yourself.

They play NRL so they tick most boxes... Yeah?

Quit. You are way off this time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't be so harsh on yourself.

They play NRL so they tick most boxes... Yeah?

Quit. You are way off this time.
What are you even talking about? So if a player stops trying and doesn't care that's OK because they must have done something right in the first place to play in the NRL?

I'm not even going to bother anymore. I suppose without a coach the players wouldn't know what to do. They wouldn't know where the stadium was, they wouldn't know what the rules were, they wouldn't even know what shape the ball was. The coach needs to tell them all of that. The coach also needs to change their nappies and breast feed them.

G

Gladiator.

Canterbury 13-18 + Brisbane 19+ = $25

Whack a nice $20 on there with a return of $500

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Dogs 13-18 sounds optimistic but I would love to see it happen.
Ill be happy with a win by any margin

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
NRL has shown over and over again that when a coach goes, the team no matter how crap they have been playing win the next game.
David Middelton responded to me on Twitter about this ... teams actually win the 2nd game more often.

Approx 8 out of 17 - 1st game
And 13 out of 17 - 2nd game

Weird I know, but who am I to doubt the Guru ?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My theory is that the players didnt agree with Moore nor did they agree with the way he chose certain players.

Moore plays favourites and is far from fair on many occasions. Why for example is Mickey Paea not back in the side and Warburton called up? Why is Hodgson consistently in the side despite proving nothing? Players like Paea and Sam Kasiano have to play far better than Hodgson and Warburton to even warrant a mention.

If the players want to get rid of a coach its simple, don't perform on the field and get the coach sacked. It's the coach's job to instil confidence and faith in his players and its the coach's job to prevent this form of mutiny, our performances have been laughable to the point it seems obvious they want to lose.

Moore exhibited stubbornness, inability to respond to change and persisted with more of the same of his outdated tactics and the players responded by dishing up the same performances week in week out. It seems unlikely Moore even listened to his players bar a select few. I have never seen our team play like they should bar the Parra game where they decided to throw the game plan out the window and throw the ball around every given chance

Status
Not open for further replies.