If SBW or Mason had played out their career with us could they have become Imortals.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You could say the same for many great HB.
Take Mortimer out of the 79, 80 and 85 sides. We don't make the 79 GF and we don't win the 80 and 85 GF either.
Take Cronk out of 2012 and Dogs are odds on to win that GF.
Johns played most of his career in a star studded Newcastle side often with 8+ internationals/Origin players. His GF record doesn't stake up against other great HB. Langer played in a star studded Brisbane side and won 3.5 GF compared to John's 1.5.
Lies

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Mason would be an Immortal, too many who are as good as him or better.

SBW on the other hand would've achieved legendary status and become the best ever forward to have ever played the game.
This is the final answer. Nothing else need be said

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny yes he was a freak and if he stuck to league definitely .
Mason no although he had a long career his attitude didn’t do him any favours
It would have been nice to have both them play out there careers with us . A few premierships in that window

silva

Utility
Reaction score
A lot of talk about the departures of Thurston mason and sbw. I’ll tell ya a bigger fuck up then all of them was letting Steve price go when he still had 4 or 5 top years left in him. He carried that warriors side and we missed his leadership badly in those years. Had he of stayed I doubt the club would have turned to shit so quickly and fk he kept getting better with age.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Low benchmark
Compared to the great Bradley Clyde?
A distant second
Clyde is so forgotten, relative to his ability and achievements - likely because he has kept a low public profile, but was the greatest
Burgess is widely regarded as the best forwrd of all time

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sbw is a dog's immortal. Biggest cockhead to ever be part of the club. They should make a statue of him at Belmore, with a bird feeder on the top to assure lots of birds will shit all over it

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On sheer ability - SBW could’ve been an immortal for sure. Unbelievably gifted athlete and footballer. Just wish he had better people around him while he was with us.

Mase was a great bloke to have amongst your forward pack, but nowhere near immortal status.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have just loved to have seen SBW, mason, omeley and Thurston stay with us we would have won a couple more premierships for sure

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We had Thurston and SBW at 19 and 21 and they didn’t even play 2 years together. Man that was a decade of supremacy that we just pi55ed away

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We had Thurston and SBW at 19 and 21 and they didn’t even play 2 years together. Man that was a decade of supremacy that we just pi55ed away
And just behind them we had Isaac Luke at 17, who could’ve gone onto be a great hooker for us for a decade.

Really makes you think what could’ve been hey.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In terms of pure talent SBW had it all.

If he was in our 2009 and 2012 side we most likely would've won the premiership in those two years alone. In all honesty our teams for both those years perform well above their talent level and if you add a superstar like SBW there, it's a premiership.

The thing is from SBW's perspective his career has gone far better than he could've ever imagined, he's got 2 RWCs, 2 NRL premierships and more money than any NRL star so i doubt he'll care what we think much like we don't give a shit about him either

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In terms of pure talent SBW had it all.

If he was in our 2009 and 2012 side we most likely would've won the premiership in those two years alone. In all honesty our teams for both those years perform well above their talent level and if you add a superstar like SBW there, it's a premiership.

The thing is from SBW's perspective his career has gone far better than he could've ever imagined, he's got 2 RWCs, 2 NRL premierships and more money than any NRL star so i doubt he'll care what we think much like we don't give a shit about him either
I read an interview where he said that when it’s all said and done and he has his quiet moments drifting off to sleep at night, ‘I just want to feel like I’ve made w00t proud’

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a difference between best players and most talented.
SBW is the most talented forward i have ever seen, but is he the best player no.
Benji is the most talented back i have ever seen, but is the best player no where near it. there is a massive difference.
Both players can do things no player can do, but where they the best ever players no.
Sbw was the best back rower to ever play, imagine he stayed those 5 years woulda broken all sorts of records

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if sbw ever got to drive that bus.