If SBW or Mason had played out their career with us could they have become Imortals.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way Mason would be an Immortal, too many who are as good as him or better.

SBW on the other hand would've achieved legendary status and become the best ever forward to have ever played the game.
Yeh I agree about sonny bill. Silky hands, speed of a back, footwork of a centre and the strength of a prop forward. 18 years on from his debut and no one had been able to emulate his package.

Also when should chargers were legal could rock anyone in the game.

A man of many talents. But because he bounced around so much never really considered a master of any (in terms of league, union or boxing).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No way Mason would be an Immortal, too many who are as good as him or better.

SBW on the other hand would've achieved legendary status and become the best ever forward to have ever played the game.
Absolutely he would have, problem is he did the dirty and gave up legendary Blue and white achievement, lost that privilege.!!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares the only loyalty they they had was for the $$$$,just as well they made some money out of football, otherwise they would probably be working as a bouncer or security guard.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason no. SBW would have been up there but his pursuit of the mighty dollar made him a mercenary athlete which continues to this day. Fighting Barry Hall is embarrassing as fuck,

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, why are we even asking this??

Let’s be real. The truth is bloody obvious and you should ALL realise this. The Bulldogs are not a favourable club. They will never acknowledge a Bulldog as an immortal. If Thurston becomes one it’ll be in spite of his Junior career with us.

We are not media “guys”. We never will be.

It’s a rubbish accolade nowadays anyway.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither would've been immortals. Mason was a decent forward but he wasn't anywhere close to a Joey, Freddy, Lockyer, Thurston, C Smith etc etc and only 1 of those is an actual immortal. Theres no chance of him even being in the discussion. $BW won a premiership with us then bailed to go win world cups and tour the world with the AB's. Rather than travelling to Kograh for an away game, he was playing in the south of France and earning a boat load more money to do it. I dont agree with how he left but i'm sure he doesn't care about 'what could have been' if he stayed at Belmore given what he's done since

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let’s be real. The truth is bloody obvious and you should ALL realise this. The Bulldogs are not a favourable club. They will never acknowledge a Bulldog as an immortal. If Thurston becomes one it’ll be in spite of his Junior career with us.

I agree with you 1,000%, I believe that it had a lot to do with both of them departing our club while in their prime.
Their loyalty was undermined by outside forces, SBW must have known that he would be well looked after before he walked out.
I remember a clip of Mason while overseas for Australia been flanked by both Fitzgibbon nd Ricketson.
Not supprising that they both finished up at the same Club.
Although hate is rampant in our society, not many human beings can face it or negativity head on,
I just hope and pray that Gould is aware of it and can somehow nullify the attude which was biult up against our club.
That negative attitude against our club will be the bigest obsticale to its.future success.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If Mortimer and Lamb were never in the picture to be an immortal, Mason and SBW sure as hell wont ever be

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If you look at how many times SBW brought the game into disrepute (Candice Falzon incident, DUI etc...), got sent off for a high tackle on Joey Johns, put in report multiple times, too many injuries etc... I don't think he would have become an immortal. Just my 2 cents.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Johns was overrated
He was pretty good man, he carried the Knights and Blues for many years, but was too injury towards the end of his career. The fact that in 2005, betting odds were on hold pending him being under and injury cloud, was quite amazing.