If I went out and bought a MG3 core, how would you feel about it?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MG3 core is the cheapest new car that can be bought in Australia. I’ve been eyeing them off for some time. Not really for the driving thrill that it offers, I wanted to buy it to use as a quick runabout. To keep my other cars in excellent condition and keep the on low etc..

But I’m a bit worried as I’m a bigger guy with a really good job and if I pulled up to the gym in an MG3 core, it would be like donkey kong in Mario kart.. big guy gets out of a small car, people could laugh and poke fun.. they wouldn’t know I have other cars and just using it as a runabout

I can’t go buy a used car and they are all dodgy and the prices are high at the moment too

So if I buy a new MG3 core how do you feel about it? Is it laughable? Or is it fair?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a second hand Jaguar.
You won't regret it.

You'll turn as many heads as you would if you had a Lamborghini

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The MG3 core is the cheapest new car that can be bought in Australia. I’ve been eyeing them off for some time. Not really for the driving thrill that it offers, I wanted to buy it to use as a quick runabout. To keep my other cars in excellent condition and keep the on low etc..

But I’m a bit worried as I’m a bigger guy with a really good job and if I pulled up to the gym in an MG3 core, it would be like donkey kong in Mario kart.. big guy gets out of a small car, people could laugh and poke fun.. they wouldn’t know I have other cars and just using it as a runabout

I can’t go buy a used car and they are all dodgy and the prices are high at the moment too

So if I buy a new MG3 core how do you feel about it? Is it laughable? Or is it fair?
Who cares what people Think, if you want it go get it .
Life is too short to worry about what others think.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That’s a renters car mate, not for you

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're not driving a Datsun 120y, is it really worth driving?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would look like a clown car with a big guy getting out of a small car? Plus mostly young p-platers buy them… if an older person buys one do people think the are a cheap scate?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus wouldn’t just about everyone do you dirty at a set of lights? Just power away from you

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a renters car mate, not for you
Renters try to fool people and outshine others, in my experience they go out to buy a new top of the range Toyota hilux, get knocked back with their loan and end up getting a LDV Ute under credit.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol you Arabs and your cars!

What's the point of having a car around if you rarely smile and are always on edge?

I love walking to Bankstown during peak hour in the morning and checking out all the commuters.

What about Punchbowl road the the boulevard?
It's practically a bottle neck to nowhere.

Same as Stacey Street on the south side.
It's awesome how the 3 lanes merge into 2.
It's heavily congested most times and you still have idiots trying to push in from the ending lane as if that is going to advance them in traffic?

You just need to accept it.
Owning a car is more of a burden both financially and mentally than it is a blessing!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It depends on what car, when and where.

View attachment 106943

Always a Bulldog
On a quater mile or at Sydney motorsport Park it's a different story.
Just for commuting it's a joke.

I wouldn't risk driving around Bankstown.
Too many people DUI and without a licence!

You know what happens if an unlicensed driver crashes into you?
They will bail if their car isn't a write off.

I've actually witnessed someone trying to bail out after they crashed!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need everyone on the kennel to mobilise for a stoush with one of My Neighbours..

He buys a AMG without notice.. parks it in his drive way and kept looking over to show off… it’s like he was handing there with his c&$k hanging out

So I can’t go out and buy a MG3 to commute peacefully.. I have to fight fire with fire..

But I’ve already picked him apart… for instance I noticed the AMG is not the current shape, so he bought used… (shook my head).. I’d probably need someone from the kennel to walk past and leer in to see how many km are on the odometer, that could be another black mark on him.

Then I checked the specs on the way and it has a worse power to weight than my car so there is another black mark on him.

Then we gotta put in all the maintenance costs a used AMG comes with, that will make him wince and drop to his knees.

what seems like the knockout punch from a across the road, when you get up close and do your homework, a few things start to drop out to make him slightly overall behind, don’t it?

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Don't do it brother, you're better than that. Anything but a Chinese or Korean soapbox will do. I had an MG5 in QLD (car rental to get around) and that car was so shit, that it didn't even recognise the USB cable we were using to get Apple Car Play working. Sometime's we would actually have to switch the USB cable upside down just to get it to read.

FFS pissed me off.