Idris released by Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's finished.
Whatever the reason, Theres no way Idris could take time off, then return to the game.
He has too many vices and doesnt like structure. A couple of months on the sideline and he'll be unrecognisable.
He'll resemble blocker roach if he has a year off.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know someone at work who's kid was in little A's with him and she reckons that his parents were looney tunes like they would try to stab each other in front of him. That would've screwed him up

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I recall being disappointed when he left us,
I rated him, and thought he could have become something,
Kinda feel sorry for him now, but glad he isn't our problem,
Imagine the headlines if he was still with us and this happened,

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh the bloke has gone to shit since he left us and it really describes most players after they leave Canterbury.
If he had stayed with us, we wouldn't be having none of this "time off", "depression" nonsense from him.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So now everybody will be asking "where's iris?" Based on the news he won't be playing for anyone next year. Although personally, i wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't magically pop up playing for another club he signs with right before the season starts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bloke I know supports the Panthers and reckons the word is that Idris was told he'd be on a particular training regime (because he's blown out since the injury and needs to drop significant weight before next season), and because he's carrying a bit extra due to how he likes to eat. He chucked the shits over it, claiming he was unable to do any better, and pulled the pin on his career that afternoon.

Could be BS though.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Idris needs to be a fukken labourer or work at bunnings. Moron has burnt many bridges.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what shits me? These asswipe footy players who play the mental health card when they f*ck up and all is forgiven. I work at a disability service and I have several clients with anxiety, depression and/or schizophrenia. Not one of them has a criminal record, not one of them have bashed their missus, not one of them has gone on some drunken rampage. They're just normal people. Well behaved citizens. That's it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what shits me? These asswipe footy players who play the mental health card when they f*ck up and all is forgiven.
Yeah Idris hides behind this all day long. Go and check out any public forum and if anyone dares say anything scathing of Idris, the mental health police come out of the bushes.

Yes mental health is a serious issue, and cannot be made fun of. But it doesn't give someone free reign to do what they want without critisicm. If he really wanted to get better he would stop going on benders all the time and help himself.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if what Mr Invisible said was true. Idris would be quite afraid of being forced to put the bottle down because that clearly seems to be how he deals with his issues.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
That bullshit meeting with Anthony Griffin was a joke. Just by the look of him and his demeanor. He is a sloppy and lazy individual that is a long way off NRL standards. Griffin wont tolerate that and would have turfed him just from that meeting alone.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a ****ing idiot loves the bag an loves a drink.

Last edited by a moderator:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I remember when he first came to the Dogs there were article upon article about how this six foot six kid (just made that up) could almost run the 100 in under 10 seconds.

I remember Dad and I were like F@@k off there is no way... Really? I remember being like.. If he is that fast and he can hold onto the ball then shiiiiit, this guy will be awesome.

He wasn't awesome.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember when he first came to the Dogs there were article upon article about how this six foot six kid (just made that up) could almost run the 100 in under 10 seconds.

I remember Dad and I were like F@@k off there is no way... Really? I remember being like.. If he is that fast and he can hold onto the ball then shiiiiit, this guy will be awesome.

He wasn't awesome.
He could be awesome though but he's lazy and doesn't want to be told what to do. Seems like its a trend with these big guys like Dave Taylor.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine if Corey Thompson had Idris' body?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloke I know supports the Panthers and reckons the word is that Idris was told he'd be on a particular training regime (because he's blown out since the injury and needs to drop significant weight before next season), and because he's carrying a bit extra due to how he likes to eat. He chucked the shits over it, claiming he was unable to do any better, and pulled the pin on his career that afternoon.

Could be BS though.
Sounds like something that could be very true - my accountant looks after alot of the penrith players ill ask him what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.