Idris released by Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamal Idris officially released by the Panthers!

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even go down there!!

Have you seen the size of him lately?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't believe anything gus says on Twitter. He said Cleary wont be going anywhere and also denied the Idris Rumours.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't believe anything gus says on Twitter. He said Cleary wont be going anywhere and also denied the Idris Rumours.
It's official from the Panthers
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/11/02/panthers_release_jam_0.html
Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM today announced Jamal Idris has been released from the final year of his contract with the club.

This decision comes as a result of a request from Idris, who has decided to take a break from the game to contemplate his future.

"Jamal has been wonderful for our club. He played an integral role in the Panthers' run towards a top four finish in 2014," Mr Gould said.

"He was an extremely popular player with our members and his work off the field with the community and junior league programs has been nothing short of outstanding.

"Injury and personal issues restricted his playing time last season and I totally understand the reasons behind his request for this release.

"In top form, Jamal is a State of Origin quality player. I hope that he can find a way to rekindle his motivation for the game and return at some stage in the future."

Idris said he made the decision after an extended period of consideration.

"I love the game of rugby league but just at the moment I need to take some time away," he said.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Panthers but I did not want to continue playing if I couldn’t guarantee giving them 100 per cent.

"I thank them for their understanding at this time."

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who the hell is Soward going to hide behind now????????? :p

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time to get a haircut and get a real job

Hope he finds what he is looking for

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Titris had tig ol bitties when he was playing. I'd hate to see how big they've gotten now.

And when TF are clubs going to grow some balls and stop releasing players because they have a headache? Clubs are held hostage the moment they think mental health is involved. Contemplate his future? Not give 100%?

F*ck that. Work 9-5 and then tell me about stress, contemplating your future and giving 100%. F*cking spoiled *****.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno whether to feel sorry for Jamal or not, I know depression is a touchy subject and I don't know everything that is going on for the guy... but man... he is tough work.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno whether to feel sorry for Jamal or not, I know depression is a touchy subject and I don't know everything that is going on for the guy... but man... he is tough work.
During his time at the Titans I was managing a bar in Broadbeach - every weekend without fail (unless they were on the road) he would be out by himself getting pissed and at 5am when everything shut he would be at the taxi rank acting like an idiot. One of the worst attitudes for a professional footy player I've come across

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
idris is a kid with some serious issues and his life is spiraling out of control, hes gone from drama to drama in recent times, and you would think theres something thats got him hooked and ending up this way, be it alcohol or otherwise, he needs a long spell in rehab and out of the game

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
During his time at the Titans I was managing a bar in Broadbeach - every weekend without fail (unless they were on the road) he would be out by himself getting pissed and at 5am when everything shut he would be at the taxi rank acting like an idiot. One of the worst attitudes for a professional footy player I've come across
He seems like he is just always on the run from his problems.

Remember when he gave an interview saying he was worried what he would do without footy (when he got injured) as he would have nothing to distract him anymore.

Can't believe someone hasn't forced him into therapy or something. Depression is one thing but you have to want to help yourself at some stage.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The idiot shouldn't have left Canterbury in the first place.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idris is the kind of guy I expect to see sitting under a dumpster sniffing out of a brown paper bag this time next year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
RLW_Mole is staying very guarded with his comments but suggesting there is something more at play.

Meanwhile The NRL Lurker says...
Sadly, it's hard to see Jamal back in the NRL. I received plenty of reports over the off-season of him on the drink and living life large, with rugby league the furthest thing from his mind. He's a great talent but will go down as one of those players who never fulfilled his potential
Hmmmm makes you wonder.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's finished.
Whatever the reason, Theres no way Idris could take time off, then return to the game.
He has too many vices and doesnt like structure. A couple of months on the sideline and he'll be unrecognisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.