Opinion Identical Melbourne's King and Waddell face contact

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I think both were pretty minor. Max Waddell should have gotten was a week. This one was probably about the same. 5 weeks for waddell was a joke (not that I am complaining because he was taking away development time from our pups).

This one was front on. So there is no reason to have his arm around the face or eyes. Atleast waddell could use the excuse he was from behind, couldnt see it was his eyes and just tried to pull him to the ground (seatbelt tackle). To be honest they are much in muchness. Like I said waddell probably a week this between 0-1 weeks. But history will show you there wasnt that consistency in this ruling......

If I was waddell i would get my charged looked at again based on this ruling. No way one gets 5 and the other none. But like I said season is over for us so i'd rather topine get a run and other of our pups then 80 mins of waddling.
While I agree with your thoughts, judiciaries have a tendency to not allow players to use other cases as a precedent. I agree though the two cases are.almost identical but handled very differently.

When this sort of thing happens, fans will speculate rightly or wrongly that there are favoured teams.in the NRL.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
While I agree with your thoughts, judiciaries have a tendency to not allow players to use other cases as a precedent. I agree though the two cases are.almost identical but handled very differently.

When this sort of thing happens, fans will speculate rightly or wrongly that there are favoured teams.in the NRL.
Especially when one of the teams is towards the top of the ladder and the other is towards the bottom of the ladder. Whilst it may not actually be sus it sure as hell looks sus.

Always a Bulldog

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Especially when one of the teams is towards the top of the ladder and the other is towards the bottom of the ladder. Whilst it may not actually be sus it sure as hell looks sus.

Always a Bulldog
That thought has probably been in the minds of many fans long before Todd Payten's comment earlier this year, which were spot on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That thought has probably been in the minds of many fans long before Todd Payten's comment earlier this year, which were spot on.
Strangely it did him a lot of good voicing that complaint lol

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not what you know....etc
His comments,were reasonably diplomatic and not a rant. This probably helped. Payten seems like an honest guy. His comments after the Tigers game that the last penalty was debatable showed that he knew his team got a lucky break.