Lets forget about this game
and worry about ways the dogs can improve

and i dont mean "Learn how to catch"
i mean real ways that the boys can improve
after 2 weeks of pretty poor games.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
It's just attitude and paying attention to the small things in our game. We'll be sweet, just a hiccup

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we could always just leave it to the coach, as ideas in here won't do anything and we lost tonight due to poor discipline and handling

it's a simple game league, get through your plays, support each other, get to the kick, kick and chase hard, keep your line in defence and communicate, stay enthusiastic

basic fundamentals, it's all we need

now, a the best idea to improve is not to make threads for anything and everything

:p

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately need some variety our 4th tackle plays are still very 1 out. I think moores coaching style has a heavy folkes influence to it.
I think we have enough ball players to be a bit more off the cuff.l

Less stuff out of dummy half. its clear we are not gonna catch markers offside so why waste the tackle

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we could always just leave it to the coach, as ideas in here won't do anything and we lost tonight due to poor discipline and handling

it's a simple game league, get through your plays, support each other, get to the kick, kick and chase hard, keep your line in defence and communicate, stay enthusiastic

basic fundamentals, it's all we need

now, a the best idea to improve is not to make threads for anything and everything

:p
Easy. Perhaps you should ring up the coach and let him know. :whacky:

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our centres/wingers dont see much of the ball.... i didnt know if Morris was playing tonight
especially with kicks, like shifty used to put for hazem

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Easy. Perhaps you should ring up the coach and let him know. :whacky:
lol

xeno was spot on, attitude is a big thing and paying attention to the little things....the things which i mentioned, but that comes back to attitude

we had it against manly and haven't reproduced it

in moore we trust :D

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know you said not to say it it - but learn how to hold the ball is most important thing, we need to learn how to hold the ****ing pill, its a simple skill but we clearly need a back-to-basics week, or even month, dropped balls have been a problem for a while, even in 07' when we made the finals

another one, is the boys need to know that you have to tackle ball and all on the line, hitting them low is useless when they have momentum

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i know you said not to say it it - but learn how to hold the ball is most important thing, we need to learn how to hold the ****ing pill, its a simple skill but we clearly need a back-to-basics week, or even month, dropped balls have been a problem for a while, even in 07' when we made the finals

another one, is the boys need to know that you have to tackle ball and all on the line, hitting them low is useless when they have momentum
dead right mate

handling has been very poor since 06

quite frustrating at times

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we need to hang on to the ball and also move off our line faster in defence. Our kick chase has dropped off as well it was great against manly but has slowed alot over the last 2 weeks also hodgson will be back next week

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
teach elmasri how to tackle.... that would be a start

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
teach elmasri how to tackle.... that would be a start
They should teach people like you to shut up IMO.

The problem is fluency in attack. I don't doubt Kimmorley's ability to organise, I know he can but I don't know if the rest of the team listens.

Tonight, you could see how we went ourselves. Too much one out stuff, no support play and didn't even look like spreading the ball.

It looked like our game plan was give the ball to Hannant to go one out and then when we feel like it, give it to Idris.

These are good players but when the team in general helps out. Hannant loves to dummy before the line when he has a player running in support with him. Not one player supported him tonight. The most critical thing I have of our attack is the lack of ball going to the backs.

No longer are the days where we have the forward pack to roll over sides to win games. We have a mobile pack with speed to burn in the backs. The message is simple, give them the ball! In round 1, we spread the ball early in our own end and looked great. 2 weeks later, we don't even look there.

Our defence is still poor. Definately needs improving. That Preston Campbell try and Matt Rogers try, both very soft and clear lack of communication and willing to put your body on the line by Tee Maari in particular in that case.

Grimaldi needs to see what the problem is and work it out because, we honestly versed an average side. If Prince was playing, we would have put 40+ on us.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Who thinks patten is still a little hesitant with the high balls? He still played good but I think 5-6 games provided he doens't pick up any injuries he will get back to his best and hopefully get selected for origin.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
john kite has done nothing all 3 games.. el masri has to go.. its like we are playing with 12 players not 13!!! our attack has to go down josh morris side of the field.. verytime he had a little chance he open them up.. does any one know were buddy gordon is? i think its time to give him a run..

Status
Not open for further replies.