I keep watching the 80 year anniversary video

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that Turvey is one of the GOATs mate (Greatest of all time) and he always will be. What will preserve his spot as one of the greatest is that he played in an era where Rugby League was harder, players weren't paid to play like they are now, the game as a whole was different, and the rules weren't changing every season (and in some cases during the season).
Thanks Wahesh, I know I probably carry on lot about Steve Mortimer but to me he is the greatest player that ever was, and I just feel he didn't get the recognition he deservers in the NRL, even in the 80yr anniversary video that you posted, Even though it was a great video & made me even prouder to be a Bulldog Supporter .
I still wish that they would have named our greatest ever player - " The Arch Bishop of Canterbury " Steve Mortimer.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all these announcements on tv, I've been learning sign language from those sign language guys.. every time the person says "we don't know", the sign language guy scratches his head.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think every time I watch his video of Canterbury’s 80 Year History it makes me feel like I’m part of the biggest and best family club in history. This video should be shown to every bulldogs player that joins as a motivational video.

Let’s all watch it again to get us ready for a fresh 2018 season and unite together to bring this club back to success.

a bitter sweet video... you are reminded what made our club great and how far we have now fallen

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Wahesh, I know I probably carry on lot about Steve Mortimer but to me he is the greatest player that ever was, and I just feel he didn't get the recognition he deservers in the NRL, even in the 80yr anniversary video that you posted, Even though it was a great video & made me even prouder to be a Bulldog Supporter .
I still wish that they would have named our greatest ever player - " The Arch Bishop of Canterbury " Steve Mortimer.

Lamb was a great in his own right and became emblematic of the Bulldogs club but Mortimer is the best ever player to play for us... pretty much could do everything Sterling could, for example, but was also a far better runner and cover defender