I keep watching the 80 year anniversary video

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue where I could get a high res version of this picture/painting. I would love to get it framed in a large version for the house?
My dad has this framed in a monster photo, Ill have to ask him where he got it from

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s bunp this agajnas it’s 2019!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue where I could get a high res version of this picture/painting. I would love to get it framed in a large version for the house?
I’ve been trying for years mate, that’s the best I can do. Might be worth co rafting the artist and see if they can maybe sell you a higher resolution copy if it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just messaged the artist.. I will let you guys know when he responds!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Menteek tank you for bringing this video to my attention... HD YouTube video below!

WE ARE A PROUD CLUB!!!

told you all each year we should all watch this before kick off! Get excited

Wahesh

Reaction score
Some more great memories...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Faark I miss Benny barba!!
Love him or hate him, Barba was one of our finest players. No one has ever been able to mirror his ability to create something out of absolutely nothing with the very limited space available, and that includes a young Matt Bowen, and young Preston Campbell. All he needed was half an inch. He consistently did it time and time again defying all expectations. He'd still be with us today if he didn't go off the rails after 2012.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worse time then to watch this while the 2017 bulldogs team are playing parramatta on Foxtel re run and seeing how horrendous we are in that game and currently still are.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You see both players are immortals in our club and always will be. The difference with Lamb and Mortimer however is that Turvey was part of a dynasty of legends that dominated the 80s - the players that team had were the best of that golden era.

Terry Lamb had a different affect of the game. He was head and shoulders our best player during the 90s and it was him he broke records such as the 2nd highest number of tries ever, most number of games ever etc... when his career came to an end (originally) in 1995, the year we won the comp. Also Lamb was captain of our greatest ever lineup in the painting, Berries to Bulldogs.

Both players are very hard to split though, but I think Lamb only just inches in front of Turvey, but it's a matter of opinion.

Sorry Wahesh, but I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, yes they are both immortals, but by the time Lamb joined the club Mortimer had nearly single handed turned into the great club it is today, The reason I say this is because I attended nearly every game in those days & it wasn't till Steve Mortimer arrived that everything changed at Belmore, I have always had a dream of breaking into Canterbury Leagues and swap the heads on that painting & put Steve Mortimer where he belongs. lets hope someday someone will have the Heart & the memories to do it. Who knows it maybe Terry Lamb.
Click on some of these links Wahesh old son, and you will see what I I'm trying to say. ENJOY.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Equal footing to our TWO Greatest Halfbacks....it's a tie! :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sorry Wahesh, but I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, yes they are both immortals, but by the time Lamb joined the club Mortimer had nearly single handed turned into the great club it is today, The reason I say this is because I attended nearly every game in those days & it wasn't till Steve Mortimer arrived that everything changed at Belmore, I have always had a dream of breaking into Canterbury Leagues and swap the heads on that painting & put Steve Mortimer where he belongs. lets hope someday someone will have the Heart & the memories to do it. Who knows it maybe Terry Lamb.
Click on some of these links Wahesh old son, and you will see what I I'm trying to say. ENJOY.
I know that Turvey is one of the GOATs mate (Greatest of all time) and he always will be. What will preserve his spot as one of the greatest is that he played in an era where Rugby League was harder, players weren't paid to play like they are now, the game as a whole was different, and the rules weren't changing every season (and in some cases during the season).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Equal footing to our TWO Greatest Halfbacks....it's a tie! :grinning:
Do you mean ‘halves’ or ‘halfback’ Wendog?

Baa wore #6 for the vast majority of his career - in an era where 6 & 7 actually played different roles - not simply halves on different sides of the field.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you mean ‘halves’ or ‘halfback’ Wendog?

Baa wore #6 for the vast majority of his career - in an era where 6 & 7 actually played different roles - not simply halves on different sides of the field.
I meant halfbacks ...or whateva....can't pick one over the other...both our greatest.

I purposely put halfbacks to see who would nitpickb;)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I meant halfbacks ...or whateva....can't pick one over the other...both our greatest.

I purposely put halfbacks to see who would nitpickb;)
Sure you did ;-).
All good Wendog...