I hit up flanno sr on instagram

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very false. From a Catholic perspective, the seven deadly sins - pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth. There is also adultery, dishonesty, sex before marriage and many many more.
As I have already posted, that when he said it, he was refering to a question regarding tax matters, very different to most of the seven deadly sins.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t want Flanagan senior only cause his son will be our halfback for the next 7 years. If we sign flanno it should only be if we release the flamingo. Can’t have both at the club simple
Coach picks the team, GM handles recruitment. Coach can only pick Kyle while he has a contract…

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
95%, yeah Barrett was paid handsomely for the results he produced and to be honest if any of us produced that sort of effort in our jobs we would get the @rse and not a payout. It was his job to lay the law down to Ferris and let him know that conditioning was totally substandard and to fix it or pack his bags, and he should have treated the players similarly. As a head coach when his penriff you beaut gameplan went to sh!t he unfortunately had a "Dessie" moment (no plan B). I really do feel for Baz because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, given if the team and the club were in a better position with a proper set of assistants maybe, just maybe, TBaz may have been successful. Having said all that the club is now in a better frame of mind and soon to be in a better place and improving.
Oh yeah.. I was just having some fun with Kelpie!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you might be getting a bit obsessed on this.

Let's try this, you're a coach, you don't get paid as it's a volunteer position and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Maybe not, you are doing it for nothing so you've earned the right to keep picking him. Or maybe you do, he has to learn that you aren't going to save his arse every time.

Now think about it if you have been waiting for 4 years for the chance and are getting paid $500k plus a year and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Farkin hell yes, he's old enough to own his own shit.

Always a Bulldog
I agree with Assasin, a coach can make a certain player look good at the expence of the team, also I can see Flanagan styfiling the carrier of a possible up and comming star HB, The way I see it is if we want a top notch HB, we a going to have to develop one. Kyle is never going to be a premeriship winning HB.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot of people thought exactly the same with the arrival of Hasler in 2012.... that ended really well hey!
Was as much a combination of dib and castle... Hasler took us to 2 grand finals

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats incorrect, a coach is always harder on their son if they are a good coach. Stupid to say he would play his son over a better player. Arthur proved that by dropping his son last week, it cant happen
I can't see daddy sacking his BELOVED baby boy, and seeing him cry again.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO. Just no, please don't justify his actions. He literally endangered people's lives and on top of that how is cheating fair on the other 16 teams who have trained their hearts out and played to the best of their abilities to lose to drug cheats?
Mate all clubs cheat to some extent, what did that American coach say about cheating, if you dont cheat you are cheating yourself.
BTW, I'm sure that we are the only club who is not cheating at least these days.
In fact all we seem to be doing is been Mr nice guy, and that's why we're last

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn’t play to his satisfaction I can see Gould not resigning him, KFlanagan’s contract is up next year. No one is going to tell Gould who to sign or not sign.

Always a Bulldog
Then all hell would break loose.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for our next coach, I would be doing everything possible to get Bellamy, I think it;s still apossibility even if only a very slight one.

Also I would like to see Barrett employed in some capacity if he is willing of course, he has been able to convince Burton, JAC, TPJ, Kikau, Mohoney to sign and could be very usefull in attracting other usefull players.
Employing Barrett would also put a shoe in the mouth of some of those arsehole journalists, who keep saying that he was sacked.
However I believe that it would only work if Gould and Bellamy were kept as far apart as possible.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t know that. How’s Andrew Johns working out for Newcastle?
Last I checked he wasn’t their defence coach which is their biggest problem. That and their injuries. What have you got against Shifty? He was one of our best early to mid 2000’s.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I have already posted, that when he said it, he was refering to a question regarding tax matters, very different to most of the seven deadly sins.
All good bro, I didn't see the context Apologies. I would suggest there is potential connection to greed and envy as motivation re:tax matters. BTW, I'm a practising Catholic so I'm not trying to catch you out but by saying it is not sinful if it is not illegal is incorrect in any context.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty amazing if it's truly Shane Flanagan responding. What a different world it is now when you can basically comment and send messages to most people.